IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, August 15, 2005


jamesblunt, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is a picture of James Blunt who sings a brilliant new song called, "You're Beautiful".

MY TOP 10 BILLBOARD MUSICAL PREDICTIONS:

I have really been taken by this song I first heard on
Virgin Radio
called, You’re Beautiful sung by singer/songwriter James Blunt. Locally, the song has been picked up by WTMD and I understand that New York’s WPLJ has added it to there play list.

Who is James Blunt you ask? Blunt is a handsome hippie looking former British Army officer. He hails from a British military family. He spent 5 years in the Army and was a part of the Kosovo peace keeping mission. Judging from his song, “You’re Beautiful”, he is a very intuitive songwriter. Even Elton John has sung his praises about Blunt’s talent.

I, a non lover of ballads and slow songs find, You’re Beautiful, simply amazing. The lyrics are highly relatable and I can’t get the melody out of my head. I can just see this song being played at weddings and on late night request shows. Listening to this song is like listening to the story of your life. The story of the beautiful girl or guy that got away because you suddenly realized that it can never be because they are way out of your league.

So far the song has spent 5 weeks at number #1 on the UK pop charts. I suppose I’ll have to wait a couple of months to see if Carrie Fisher’s former houseguest shoots to the top of the US charts like he did in the UK and the rest of Europe. Blunt’s cd is due to be released in the US in October.

I rarely make chart predictions but I have a strong feeling that this one will be top ten if not on Billboard’s Pop chart then Adult Contemporary charts.

By the way I found a video stream for James Blunt’s song.

Another song I feel has a great future on the charts is Daniel Powter’s song Bad Day. This is another song that I discovered on Virgin Radio. I’m not sure if WTMD has picked it up yet. By the way Powter is a Canadian. Not that I think that’s bad or anything....

I also found a video stream for Daniel Powter’s song.

I guess I’ll have to wait a couple of months to see if either of these songs chart in the US.

That’s it for my future Billboard Top Ten Predictions. Only time will tell if I have a good enough ear to predict how the US charts will treat Blunt and Powter’s singles. If they both manage to make it to Top 10 I’ll be simply over the moon with joy.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I’m wearing a semi-monochromatic theme of powder blue. I have on a powder blue v-neck top and powder blue slacks. The colour is broken up by my beige sandals.


link | posted by gail at 10:44 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 11:11 PM~  

Oh god, I love James Blunt. Love him. His whole album is just wonderful. If you like "You're Beautiful" you will adore "Goodbye My Lover."

And Daniel Powter rocks. Oy.

I have several British songs up on my blog (Quicktime) that I posted yesterday. If you like Blunt and Powter, I think you'll like some of these. :)

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com