IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, February 02, 2008

FAREWELL AUNT JO
Today is Aunt Josephine’s funeral. I am feeling very sad and reflective. Some of the things I remembered about her were the presents that she gave. One time when I was a kid she she gave me several big cardboard boxes chock full of childrens books. She could do this because she was an elementary school teacher. My all time favourite Christmas present from her and Uncle Leon were the Koala bear slippers and these Colorform cling ons.

Ever since getting those slippers, the Koala bear has been my favourite animal. I also believe they gave me a Raggedy Anne Doll for Christmas one year. It was a dress me doll where you learned how to tie shoes and zipper up and botton up things on the doll. Im not sure if they were responsible for the Mrs. Beasley doll or if that was my parents. One thing I vividly remember about Aunt Josephine is that she used to like wearing blue eye shadow.

Today is a day that you do not look forward to. I wish I could wave a wand and make there be no more death in the world. I wish we could all live forever. Then I remember from my Church’s annual Day of the Dead service, What ever is remembered lives. So as long as she is remembered she lives on. I left out of the service asap... it was extremely crowded. There was double parking on the street. The cab driver remarked that she must have been have been well liked. I would have to agree. Good Bye Aunt Josephine, you will always live on in my memories.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....4378
MILES....1.65
CALORIES BURNED....175


link | posted by gail at 12:30 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com