IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, April 08, 2001

I'm giving serious consideration to calling in sick tomorrow. I really am sick! Ok, I'm not as sick as I was on Friday but I'm still sick, nevertheless. It's just a minor sickness. I have a runny nose. I think that counts as sickness. Anyway, the weathermen who said this weekend would be warm and sunny with highs into the upper 70's (actually it was cold, wet, and damp this weekend with highs in the mid 50's to 60's) are claiming that tomorrow it will be in the 80's. I don't know what if this time there right and it really will be the 80's. I'd hate to be chained to my cubicle with a runny nose knowing that I had a legitimate excuse for staying away from work and having my own little Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I guess I'll have to see how I feel about it tomorrow....

Today to liven up things I had a backwards meal day. I baked chocolate chip cookies for breakfast and ate sausage and eggs for dinner. I really have to work on this becoming a vegetarian thing.

On the art front I am currently working on a painting for the esbq art show. It''s a watercolor of a woman and her cat. To me it looks almost as though I've unwittingly channeled Patrick Nagel. So far I've gotten two positive reviews on the City Paper Bulletin Board about a painting I'm not entirely sure is finished yet called, Fairy on the Beach. Based on the reviews by regular folks I think I'll be putting it up for sale this week. Afterall, my goal is not to please some hoity tooty art critics, but instead to give the public what they want. By the way another one of my paintings sold this weekend! It was called Lovely Leaping Mermaids. Sadly, the othering painting I had up for sale did not sell. It was called Fairy Offerings. I think I'll do a repaint on it maybe eliminate the two kids and give over to my urge to add a guitar. Afterall, the fairy to me does look a little like one of the members of The Bangles.


link | posted by gail at 10:56 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com