IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, March 03, 2001

My boyfriend and I do not live together. I feel that it would be best for us to wait till after we are married before we live together. Also I don't believe in pre-marital sex as a choice for me. He has'nt really complained about my stance on the living together and the sex issue. Well, he has'nt complained so loudly that he has left me because he disagrees with my personal beliefs.

Personally, I do not feel that it is wrong for unmarried people to live together or sleep together,it's a free country after all. It's just that I would prefer to wait. I hope no one thinks I'm a little strange because of my beliefs. In actuality they are not religiously based but personally based. Basically, I just made a personal choice to wait.

As far as religion is concerned I'm not a Christian. I'm just your basic variety of tree hugging hippie Wiccan. My choice of religion has nothing to do with being dissatisfied with Christianity. I never was a Christian to begin with. When I was growing up my family never went to church. We were basically free thinkers. Both of my parents were artists. When I was 10 or 11 my father gave me a bible and basically said you can choose to believe what's in this book or not. Whatever your choice is that's your choice. I'll support you just the same.

The way I see it people have different beliefs and should be allowed to believe what ever they want. That is of course as long as it does not infringe on my personal safety or the safety of others.

I'm probably the only person I know who actuality stops says hello and takes tracts from Jehova's Witnesses. Sure, I don't hold the same religious beliefs they do, but they are human just the same. They've got feelings just like anyone else does. Just because I don't share the same beliefs as another does not give me or anyone else the right to invalidate their belief system by being mean to them. Afterall, everyone has a right to there own personal choices.


link | posted by gail at 11:59 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com