IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, February 26, 2001

My feelings for my dad are kind of like a double edged sword on one hand I'm glad that he never dates on the other hand I wish that he would find someone. I hate to see him so lonely. He told me one day that when he married my mother he decided that day that he would never marry again because he had found the perfect woman for him. And people wonder why me and my siblings are still single.......

My dad was born in January of 1929. He was born into a family of 9 children. Today they are only 2 living him and Uncle Leon. Dad was a laborer at Bethlehem Steel Company in Sparrows Point Maryland. He was also a gifted artist. He was the one who taught me to draw.

I remember evenings he would come home from work he'd read the newspaper, sit down on the porch and eat his corned beef sandwich and beer. He would always bring me a bag of cheese curls when he came home from work. My dad was always into the news. If anythings going on he knows about it backwards and forwards. He can argue pro or con on any news issue. Not surprisingly his favorite tv station is CNN. He listens to NPR religiously in the morning. In fact whenever I listen to NPR it's almost like I'm connected to him. It's almost like an invisible psychic link with dad.


link | posted by gail at 12:15 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com