IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, December 12, 2004

This morning I got up and went to my second ever church service at the First Unitarian Church of Baltimore. This time I was on time for the service.

I felt a bit uncomfortable at the Greeting our Neighbors section of the service. I’m a quiet, non-sociable, painfully shy, autistic woman. However, I learned the names of two people at the service. I’m not sure if they will be back next week. They were attending the church for the first time today. I believe there names were Eric and Carol? I didn’t get to experience greeting people at my first service because I was late. I wonder if it happens every Sunday 15 minutes into the service? .

OFFICE CHRISTMAS CARDS: Every year I give Brian, my Mr. Clean looking supervisor, a Santa Claus card. I give Helena and Keisha religious themed cards. Everybody else I don’t give much care or thought about what card to give them. However, there’s one person in my group that I’m not quiet sure what type of card to give him.

The reason is because I’m not sure if he’s Jewish or not. I saw him leave out early from work last Tuesday. I’m not sure if this was related to it being the first day of Hanukkah or something else entirely. I think it would be inappropriate to go up and ask him if he was Jewish without it sounding anti-Semetic.

I’m filled with anxiety every year because I give him a nondescript card that says Peace on it or has a dove because I’m not quiet sure if I would be offending him by giving him a card that says, Merry Christmas or has Santa Clause on it.

I hate doing this because it makes me feel as though I’m discriminating against him. I would just like to know once and for all what his views are on the matter.

I just need to know, would he be offended by receiving a Hanukkah card instead or is a regular Christmas card ok? For all I know the generic nondescript cards may be offensive to him? Does any one out there have any views on this matter?

Thank goodness no one really reads this blog on a regular basis to see the irony of a Pagan, non-Christian, Unitarian, filled with anxiety over what card to give another possibly non-Christian person.

WHAT I’M WEARING: Right now I’m wearing a ruby red thermal top with black cotton pants and red flip flops.


link | posted by gail at 9:48 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com