IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, July 11, 2005

Today, I’m feeling very sad about the news of Freda Wright-Sorce’s death. When I first heard the news on the Don and Mike Show this afternoon I thought it was a sick joke. You know something Don Geronimo cooked up to get an extra day of vacation. Then I got home and checked out DCRTV and the Baltimore Sun web site and sadly found out that it was no joke. Don’s wife really did die yesterday in a car accident!!! With the realization of the news I found myself crying in front of my computer.

I have listened to the Don and Mike Show ever since they hit the airwaves on WJFK AM in the 90’s. Don’s wife Freda was an integral part of the show. I really loved it when she would call the show to give her point of view. It gave the show a since of levity, that it was not just a boy’s only zone.

Don would end each show by saying, “Love you Freda! Love you Bart!“ I can not imagine the show without hearing Freda on it.

Tonight my thoughts and prayers go out to Mike Sorce (Don’s real name), his son Bart, and the entire Sorce and Wright family.


Also, I’m saddened to hear about the death this weekend of local radio news icon David Haines. He died of a pulmonary embolism that resulted from cancer treatment. Haines did the news on Donnie Simpson’s morning show on WPGC. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Haines family.

Overall today, was a very sad and tragic day for Baltimore/Washington radio. Counting 98 Rock’s Lopez so far 2005 has been a very tragic year overall for local radio. .

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a dark paisley skirt and a royal blue short sleeve top.

As an addendum I found a great site that is almost like a complete FAQ sheet for the Don and Mike Show. It starts off with a lot of cooking recipe’s then you have to scroll down for the show’s unofficial FAQ sheet. http://www.travelbank.com/miscmeda.htm


link | posted by gail at 8:21 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com