IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Today I went to church today. It was being held in the place I believe they hold coffee break or coffee hour after church services.

I felt uncomfortable to the ten thousandth degree as there was a mass hugging thing that occurred during the service. I have been to a couple of Unitarian services so I know that this is not a regular feature of a service. I will just put it down as a whim of the lay person who conducted the service this morning. Hopefully she will not suggest that we all just give each other one great big hug ever again.

On the upside I saw someone I knew there that I used to work with at Center Stage. I had no idea that he went to this church. This is the first time that I went there that I saw someone I knew.

After church services were over I went over to Owings Mills to see
Cinderella Man
. The movie has gotten a lot of good review and I wanted to see it before it left the theatres.

Overall, the movie was pretty good. However, I do not understand why they released the movie in the spring as opposed to fall or winter. This movie sadly, will be overlooked during Oscar season.

The movie was about the life and times of boxer, James J. Braddock also known as the Cinderella Man. I felt that Russell Crowe did a really good job in the movie. I also felt that Renee Zellweger did a good job as well as his wife, Mae. Paul Giamatti, the man who was robbed of an Oscar nomination for Sideways, was also on the movie playing Braddocks manager, Joe Gould.

The one thing I learned from the movie that I previously did not know is that there were Jewish boxers. I do not know why this had never occurred to me before. You could not miss the giant Star of David on the boxing trunks of Braddocks final opponent in the film, Max Baer, played by the very sexy Craig Bierko. Also I was surprised to find out that Max Baer is that father of Max Baer Jr. who played Jethro Bodine on The Beverly Hillbillies.


link | posted by gail at 6:56 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com