IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Today, I did nothing but peruse autism message boards that I found on the web. Of all the ones I found my favourite one is the Wrong Planet forum. I like it because it is big and seems to have a lot of frequent posters. I should say right now that the autism message boards that I visit are geared more towards people eg. teens/adults with autism NOT parents with autistic kids.

I also found a semi-militant group of autistics over at the Aspies For Freedom message board. Despite the folks over at Aspies For Freedom having a reputation for being a little militant in there world view. I agree with the majority of there points. So I’m not sure if that would make me a militant autistic person or not.....

Then there is the very small in comparison to the Wrong Planet forum, Aspergers Community Board. This by the way was the very first message board that I ran across on the web last year that had a forum for adults/teens with autism. When I found this message board I found it very refreshing. I found it refreshing because you rarely get to have the opportunity to compare the life experiences of other adults on the autism spectrum. So when I came across this site I felt normal. Well normal, for a woman with Aspergers Syndrome.....


link | posted by gail at 7:50 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com