IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 19, 2005

This Father’s Day I went over my old man’s house. I went over to wish him a Happy Father’s Day, drop off my nephew’s birthday money, and pick up my Doctor Who DVD’s from sendit.com My visit didn’t last very long because it wasn’t even five minutes before my sister came into the room my father stays in to relentlessly beg him for money.

My sister is pushing 50 and has a serious drug dependency problem. In fact she’s had this problem for quiet some time. She was half afraid that one of children would be taken away from her when it was born because her drug problem was that bad. One of her children was this close to being a crack baby.

Hearing her relentlessly beg my father for money reminded me of why I had to leave and get a place of my own.

I only wish I could have visited longer because I love my father but hate my sister’s drug dependency problem. If she wasn’t there I would have stayed longer.

Another thing that was going on was that my father was constantly worrying me about how much money I was going to leave my nephew for his birthday. He kept asking me, “How much are you going to leave the boy?” “Don’t give him too much money!” “You know you got bills to pay!” I know that he was deeply concerned that I was giving away my entire life savings as a present to my nephew. But this was far from the case.. I had only saved up $115 to give to my nephew for his 15th birthday. All my bills were paid up and I was not in danger of going to debtors prison.

In the end I was afraid to give my nephew the $115 I saved up for him. The reason was the ferocity of his mother’s begging. I do not know how strong his resolve is against her. I ended up I giving him $40 as I ran out of the house. Yes, my sister’s begging troubled so much that I actually ran out of the house. I felt that in order to have stayed longer I would have had to have held up a chair and a whip to her and say, “Back I say! Back!”

When I got home I calmed down by watching Volume I and II on DVD of the new Doctor Who series back to back. I’ll give a review of what I saw later in the week.


link | posted by gail at 9:25 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com