IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, June 10, 2005

lT’S OFFICIAL: I Love My iPod!
I have no idea how my work productivity has been going since I bought it in to work. As I’ve written before I never go up to the production sheet to see how I’m doing because that usually makes me feel depressed. You know the whole thought of all that you do at work reduced to nothing but a number derived from a numerical formula.

The only thing I know is that I feel great. It plays all my favorite songs all the time! Yep, I’m in a really good mood because I’m hearing music I love. I’m one of those musicphiles, so hearing the right song at the right time is very important to me. One day I’ll list my essential iPod songs as soon as I perfect the list. For now my must hear daily songs are:

Lollipop - The Chordettes
I like this one because it makes me happy. :) I think the first time I ever heard it was while watching Stand by Me. This was an 80’s kid’s movie that was set in the 50’s. Oddly enough, it is the highest grossing movie ever based on a Stephen King story.

Rawhide - Frankie Laine
I always find myself smiling whenever I hear this one. In fact I think I might have frightened the woman who sites across from me. I think that was on account of the fact that I don’t smile much. Anyway, I like this one because it reminds me of a scene in the Blues Brothers movie. It’s the scene where they go to a Country & Western bar. While there the only country song they know is Rawhide which they play over and over again to avoid being attacked.

Everyday - Buddy Holly
This is a song that I really took to after buying the Stand By Me soundtrack. I like this song because it sounds so pretty and filled with hope. If it were possible I would want to live inside this song.

Music Box Dancer - Frank Mills
I’ve loved this song ever since it came out during the 70’s. It’s so pretty!! It reminds me of all the music boxes my mother owned. All my mom’s music boxes had a ballerina in them that twirled around. This song reminds me of those simpler times.

Joy - Apollo 100 Featuring Tom Parker
I like this one because I feel that it’s a very inspired take on Bach’s Ode to Joy. I think this was featured in a movie called Boogie Nights. I was well aware of the song before the movie came out. So imagine my chagrin when I watched the movie and they’re playing a song I’ve always liked.

Let’s Start The Dance Again II - Hamilton Bohannon
I have fond memories of this song being played at a neighborhood Labor Day block party during the 80’s. Two gay guys got up and danced and really knew there stuff. I had never seen such inspired dancing. It was like Soul Train meets Broadway. People were jumping up and down and cheering them on as they danced.

Sukiyaki - A Taste of Honey
This is amongst one of the rare ballads that I like. I think I like it because it sounds very exotic and foreign.

Sukiyaki - Kyu Sakamoto
This is the original version of the above A Taste of Honey song. I like this one because it’s the direct opposite of the A Taste of Honey Song. The original song is very upbeat in a 50’s kind of way. The only thing is that all the words are in Japanese.

Georgie Girl-The Seekers
I like this song because I like Barbie! If you can recall I collect Barbie dolls and during the late 70’s to early 80’s Mattel used this song as it’s theme for the Barbie commercials.

Native New Yorker - Odyssey
I like this one because during my childhood this song evoked to me a very glamorous place, New York City. To this very day I feel glamorous whenever I hear it.

Tonya Gardner - Heartbeat
This one might be considered the riff that launched a thousand rap songs. I imagine that Tanya Gardiner or whoever wrote this song is probably a billionaire by now.

Sugar, Sugar - The Archies
I like this one because it sounds so bubble gum sweet! I always feel happy when I hear this song.

Chewy, Chewy - 1410 Fruitgum Company
This is another bubble gum song I love! Whenever I hear this song I think of Chewbacca from Star Wars.

WHAT I’M WEARING:

It’s supposed to be in the 90’s today. I have on a plaid purple mini skirt and a purple v-neck short sleeve shirt along with beige canvas tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 8:58 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com