IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, June 09, 2005

All the buses that I take to and from work on time.

CONCERN OF THE DAY: New MTA Bus Initiative
Yesterday, a woman who got on the #20 bus that I take home from work was walking up and down the aisle of the bus. She was practically preaching to all the passengers about changes that would be coming up in the fall. The changes she was talking about were how the buses would be running. She said that come October no buses will be running downtown on Baltimore Street. She also said that the light rail shuttle buses would be discontinued. She also told us that we all should get involved in how the buses would. Then she told us of meetings that would be held this month to discuss the proposed changes.

When I first heard her say all these things I thought it was the mere rantings of a crazy lady. However, she did not look unbalanced. In fact she looked like the type of person who one day should run for public office. When I got home I was so swayed by the conviction in her voice that I decided at the very least to peruse the internet to see if there were any proposed changes in store for the MTA. It turns out that almost all of what she was saying was true! The MTA will in fact be discontinuing some bus lines and merging others together.

However, I couldn’t find anything that said that buses would no longer run on downtown Baltimore Street. I suppose she threw that one in for shock value. You know so that any reasonable passenger would be up in arms and make it a point to go to one of the meetings.

The thought of no buses running on downtown Baltimore Street is sheer lunacy and would definitely make me want to go an MTA meeting and tell them that.

Baltimore Street is a very busy street. It contains the University of Maryland Medical Center and it’s corresponding University, the downtown light rail station, and is a throughway to MLK BLVD leading to Ravens Stadium and Oriole Park, and Lexington Market. Shutting down public transportation on Baltimore Street would be a major, major, major, big time disaster.

Even though to the best of my knowledge buses will still run on Baltimore Street I will make it a point to go to one of the meetings and make my voice heard. Or at least listen to people make their voices heard....

WHAT I’M WEARING:
I’m continuing on with my skirt theme. Today, I have on a beige skirt along with a dark blue t-shirt that has a white flower design on it. The shoes I have on are beige canvas tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 8:57 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com