IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning the B Shuttle bus broke down several times on the highway. This has got to be amongst the most harrowing experiences I’ve ever had on public transportation. You do not know how scary it is for a bus to suddenly stop in the middle of morning rush hour on a busy higway. I thought we were all going to die. Luckily, we made it safely off the highway and onto work. I hope this doesn’t happen again.

CONCERN OF THE DAY: Can I still sew?

Yesterday, in the summer heat I worked on a dress pattern that I bought a couple of years ago. I worked on it because I thought it would be nice to have another sun dress other than the one I bought a couple a couple of years.

This will be my first attempt in years to make a piece of clothing. My last attempt many years ago was an A-line skirt. The skirt with my mother’s help turned out pretty good. I wonder if I’m capable of making something a little more complicated without her expert guiding hand?

I don’t know if I’ve said this before but my mother was a seamstress of sorts. When I was a kid she used to make all my clothes as well as her own. She even did Prom dresses from time to time.

So here’s hoping that I don’t ruin the fabric I bought for the sundress.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a brown short sleeved Henley and a black skirt.


link | posted by gail at 9:31 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com