IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, April 17, 2006

CREEPY SITUATION AT HUNT VALLEY LIGHT RAIL

This morning I forgot to set my alarm clock and ended up getting to work pretty late. However, on the up note, as I was leaving out the door I found ten dollars in a Christmas card that I had forgotten about.

The real drama of the day happened at the end of the day as I was headed to the light rail station for home. This afternoon as luck would have it a co-worker volunteered to drive me over to the Hunt Valley light rail stop. It was a little before 4PM when I arrived at the stop. I could not help but notice that the entire station was blocked off by orange netting. I also noticed police cars were all around the place. The entire scene made me feel apprehensive about entering it. There was a police man there who guided me towards this blue and white tent. When I first saw the tent as we were driving up to the station I thought that maybe it was one of those tents that they have set up to sell flowers. When I went through the tent I noticed that it was crawling with TSA agents. They were holding some kind of a transportation test.

I walked into the tent as directed and handed my jacket and bag over to a TSA agent to go through what I assume was an X-ray machine. Then I was told to walk through what I assumed was a metal detector. As I walked through the metal detector I was greeted by a hard blast of air. I became startled. Then a short Latina TSA agent said that I would have to be patted down because I moved. She then patted me down like a common criminal.

When I left the area to wait for my train I felt shaky and uneasy. I felt as though my rights were violated. The only thing I could think to do was to take pictures of the scene. My hands were shaking with each picture I took. I became afraid that maybe they would confiscate my camera. Luckily, neither the police nor the TSA agents took my camera away. Even as I write this I feel uneasy. What was it that I was blast with while I was in the metal detector? Was it a harmless puff of air or something more sinister? The whole experience was like something out of the X-Files. I hope that tests like this will not become commonplace on the MTA.

Below are three pictures I took of the situation. I did not take pictures of the inside because I am sure that if I did that, that would guarantee they would take my camera away.... permanently.




TSAatHuntValley, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This was the general set up. You entered through the blue and white tent and left out of the white building which led to the platform of the waiting area for light rail. Eerily no passengers complained about what they had gone through.


TSAatHuntValley3, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

Here's a picture of two potential passengers leaving out of the TSA Hunt Valley set up.


TSAatHuntValley2, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

Here's a slightly tighter view of the back of the TSA set up with the white building.


link | posted by gail at 8:35 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com