IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006


kmfume, originally uploaded by willisgirl.


Kweisi Mfume, Maryland Democratic Candidate for the US Senate



Today, I heard on NPR that my cousin is doing well in the Senatorial polls. I hope that he continues to do well. I felt a little upset when they led the story by saying that Ben Cardin (Kweisi’s Democratic opponent) was ahead of Michael Steel (the Black Republican candidate) in the polls. Then they went on to say that Kweisi was ahead of Ben Cardin in the polls. Why did they not lead the story by saying Kweisi was ahead? Do they not believe that in this day and age that the fine progressive people of Maryland would not vote for an African American for Senate?

One thing on Kweisi’s side is that for the past few years he was a Washington outsider. Cardin however is an insider. Cardin was amongst those who voted blindly for the USA Patriot Act. Kweisi on the other hand was heading the NAACP during that time.

Yes, I know that Kweisi is far from a total complete Washington outsider. After all he is a former Congressman and while in Congress he was the head of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Anyway, here’s hopping the best for Kweisi's campaign!


link | posted by gail at 10:16 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com