IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, August 04, 2006

Today, was the first day of Otakon. Otakon is a big anime convention that is held every year in Baltimore. I have always wanted to go to see what it is like. However, it seeems that every year I forget to try and find out the dates of the festival. This year like all the other years I forgot to check. The only reason I knew it was Otakon was that during my morning commute I saw a couple of people milling around outside Dunkin Donuts dressed like anime characters. Seeing people dressed like anime characters in Baltimore in the summer can only mean one thing, either you have been watching way too much anime or Otakon is in town.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I freely admit that I am a sci-fi, anime, comic book reading, geek/nerd. However, I have never crossed the line where I have wanted to dress up and pretend I was a fictional animated character. Oh, well I suppose based on this trait of mine its best that I never find out when Otakon is held. You know I can not help but look at those Otakon people and want to point and laugh, even though in a a sense, I am those people...

WALKING LOG

STEPS....10824
MILES....2.39
CALORIES BURNED....394


link | posted by gail at 10:54 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com