IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, February 26, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
I was late for work this morning because when there is any sort of wintry weather condition on the ground I do not like to rush. I did not want to fall and hurt myself with all the snow that was on the ground. Also of course I had stayed up past my usual bed time to watch the Academy Awards.

Luckily, by the time I left out the snow had turned to slush and the light rail trains were back on course. I had heard earlier news reports that the trains were having trouble due to ice on the tracks. The trains earlier this morning could go no further than the Timonium stop. I needed a train that went all the way to the last stop, Hunt Valley. Since I left out later than usual my train went right on through the line. So despite my being late I had no delay getting to work. Hmmm, I wonder if that last sentence made any sense?


THE ACADEMY AWARDS




martinscorsese
Originally uploaded by willisgirl.



First off I have to admit that I did not see any of the movies that were nominated or won this year. My only reason for watching this year was to see if this would be the year that Marty would finally win an Oscar for Best Director. And, yes Marty finally got his long deserved Oscar and I cheered loudly from my living room as he received it from his pals Steven Spielburg, Francis Ford Coppolla and George Lucas.




jennifer hudson
Originally uploaded by willisgirl.



I also cheered loudly when Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. I cheered because I remember her being on American Idol and Simon not liking her very much. So this was kind of like vendication. Also Im fat and I like it when fat girls win.




r
Originally uploaded by willisgirl.



I again cheered when Forrest Whitaker received an Oscar for Best Actor for his role in The Last King of Scotland. I cheered because I remember back in the day when he used to play the Gooch on Different Strokes. Who knew that the Gooch would go so far?

Sadly, I have seen not a one of any of their performances nor have I seen Scorseses, The Deaparted. However, I hope to see them when they become available on Netflix.

WHAT I AM WEARING:
Today, I have on blue slacks, a blue turtleneck, my favourite sweater of blue, beige, and white. I also due to the snow have on my new winter boots.

WALKING STATS

STEPS....10848
MILES....2.05
CALORIES BURNED....373


link | posted by gail at 8:48 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com