IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, March 03, 2007


SavionGlover
Originally uploaded by willisgirl.

The big event today was seeing tap dance sensation, Savion Glover perform live at the Meyerhoff. He performed non-stop for 45 minutes to the music of Duke Ellington backed by the BSO. By the end of the show you could see sweat all over him. During his 45 minute dance routine he never sad word one to the audience. A woman in front of me said that he probably was not talking because he was out of breathe. I believe she was right. I only saw him take a sip of water from a clear bottle that was on stage in between breaks in the music. After he took a brief sip he tapped on. I had never seen anyone that intensely focused on the dance.

Thankfully, he did a Question and Answer session with the audience after the show. I am glad that I stayed for that. He turned out to be a very likable guy. I was begining to think during his dance routine that he did not want to talk to the audience because he did now want to be in Baltimore.

I still wish he could have said a little something between the tapping like, Hey there B-more! Glad to be out here with you and the BSO in your lovely city! Right here Im going to be taping to some music by Duke Ellington. Sit back relax and enjoy.

An interesting fact I learned from the Q and A session was that the stage he danced on was designed by his mentor, the late Gregory Hines. The stage that he danced on had microphones set up strategically on the bottom.

Overall, I would have to say that I feel blessed to have seen a living legend perform live in person.

WALKING STATS

STEPS....11627
MILES....2.20
CALORIES BURNED....389


link | posted by gail at 8:53 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com