IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning I am on time for work. At first it looked like I might be late. The reason being is that at the stop prior to mine the driver had to pick up a wheelchair bound man wearing a bright orange t-shirt. It always takes a while for wheelchair bound people to be loaded into and from buses.

ART SOLD & I STARTED READING A BOOK
Yesterday, I received a check from the Veterans for Peace art show. I had no idea that two of my paintings sold. I felt it would seem desperate and crass to call them up to ask if they sold. Afterall this was the first art show that they have ever gave for their cause. Anyway, its nice to know I did something right. As you can recall my painting for Maryland Art Place’s Out of Order show did not sell. Personally, I thik that the main reason was that I had priced it too high. The two paintings at The Veterans For Peace Art Show were much more reasonably priced as a result of this they sold. Whenever, something sells I feel like jumping up and down and saying out loud, “Its not all in my head!! I really am an artist!!” My goodness I really am an artist!

Also yesterday, several years ahead of schedule I started reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

I am reading the book even though I know that Proffessor Snape is the aforementioned half blood Prince. I also know that Snape kills Dumbledore. Its a widely held debate among Potter fans if it was accidental premeditated or perhaps that Dumblebore asked him to do it. Even though I know all this Snape is still my favourite character in Harry Potter. I think this is because I like characters that are duplicious in nature. Snape is on the side of good but he is a bit of a jerk and a mean teacher. I like that his character is more grey than 100% good or evil. Another character I liked that was like this was Mara Jade from the Star Wars books. Her character could play from both sides like Snape but always in the end sided with the forces of good.

WHAT I AM WEARING:
Today, I have on a short sleeve pink top, blue jeans, a red hoodie, and Nike MaxAir shoes.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....12059
MILES....2.28
CALORIES BURNED....364


link | posted by gail at 10:18 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com