IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, February 21, 2008

MORNING COMMUTE:
I felt extremely apprehensive about leaving out this morning. Last night it was snowing and as I came in the steps were covered with a sheet of ice. This of course freaked me out what with falling down the icy steps last week. So I salted them down using up all my table salt. The snow was not sticking to anything on the sidewalks just our marble steps. I did not want to have a repeat of what happened last week. My bum seriously hurted for days after the fall last week. So I was late nervously watching the news reports of school closings and delays and street reporters telling to be cautious of icy streets and sidewalks. My heart was filled with terror and dread as I opened the front door. Miraculously, the sidewalks were devoid of snow and the steps were filled with salt, all the ice melted. I was struck with panic over nothing. I do not think it wise to remove the salt just yet as another wintry mix is predicted for tomorrow.

AMERICAN IDOL
I do not watch much TV in real time. My primary TV is my laptop. I love the accesibilty of watching shows at my convenience. The only show that I actually make a point of watching in real time is American Idol because I know the next day morning DJ’s will be talking about the show and I like to have an idea of who they are talking about.

My favourite part of the show is when the actual competition starts. I tune out during the audition phase. Its not as exciting to me as the actual competition. So far I do not have any favourites. I did like that Castro/Noriega guy. I wonder if he is related to the famous Noriega/Castro guy?

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I again have on my suede and rubber boots primarily because of fear. Baltimore county schools are delayed an hour. Im not sure what the weather looks like in the counties and I feel its better to be safe than sorry. I do not want to fall again. I also have on blue jeans and a tweedy dark multi coloured v-neck sweater, along with a yellow ochre turtle neck pullover.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....10280
MILES....4.27
CALORIES BURNED....477


link | posted by gail at 5:04 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com