IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, July 17, 2008

MORE DEATH IN THE FAMILY
A couple of days ago my cousin Grafton passed away. He had recently had hip replacement surgery that soon developed into pneumonia. That makes three family members dead in one year, my father, Aunt Josephine, and now Cousin Grafton.

I have a possibly crazy theory. It seems that every year that a Batman movie comes out a member of my family dies. The only exception I can think of is when the first Christopher Nolan directed Batman starring Christian Bale came out. That year no Willis died.

Its stupid and silly but it seems to be eerily accurate. Off the top of my head my mother, and my Uncle Stanley, Cousin Guy, and Aunt Gloria all passed away in a year that a Batman movie came out. Its like whenever its a year that a Batman movie comes out its an almost guaranteed lock that someone in my family buys the farm. Sadly, this year three Willis’ have passed away. Overall, This is shaping up to be a bad year in the Willisdom.

Despite this eery occurrence, Batman is still my favourite comic book hero. I will probably see the movie as I have the other Batman flicks.

A side note my father never liked the 60s Batman TV show. He felt it was too cartoonish. He preferred the more serious version of the character that he read in the comic books. I do not know what his opinion was of the Tim Burton or Joel Schumacher or even Christopher Nolan versions as I never asked it. But I would wager that he loathed the Joel Schumacher version and would have praised Christopher Nolans recent efforts. Dad liked his Batman to be straight up serious and no joke


link | posted by gail at 5:49 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com