IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

MORNING COMMUTE
Today I am late again for work. I had my annual review. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. My supervisor suggested changing my start time. I agreed and now the time I have been habitually coming in is my new start time. So now I work from 7:30 to 4:00. It works for me. I feel a bit relieved.

MEETING AT THE FUNERAL HOME
After work we had a family meeting at the funeral home. I got there early. To make up time I went into a supermarket called Aldi’s. I have never been there before. The only thing I know about them is that they have low prices and very colourful plastic shopping bags. There bags seem more suitable for a clothing store than a supermarket. I bought Pringles and a beef and cheese stick. I think I may try the store again. They have really low prices.

When I got to the meeting Darlene, Karen, and Uncle Leon were already there. The meeting was to finalise the obituary and how the funeral service would go as to who would speak first etc.

Also we finally selected a picture to go on the obituary. There are only three pictures of my father in existence. The reason being is that he was the main person who was taking pictures of the family. The pictures in existence of him were taking by my brother who was just a little kid when he took them. So they are a little bleary. So right now his picture is finally up on the indoor video screen of dead people having funerals this week at March Funeral Home. He has hit the big time.

I have to say I am not that happy with the picture chosen. I really liked the one of him with one of his cars. I think its the red one from the sixties and he’s wearing this tam. Come to think of it two of three three pictures of him are with his cars. The one they selected is of him talking on the phone. I do not like it because it looks very monochromatic. The colours on it is mostly white on top of white. He's wearing a white shirt, holding a white phone, with the white dining room wall in the background, Egads! The other two were kind of bleary but they had a more exciting visual composition to them. They were taken in the park with him posed with his cars from the 60. They had an almost GQ look to them. Albeit a bleary slightly out of focus GQ look.


link | posted by gail at 7:02 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com