IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

ANOTHER SAD DAY
After work I visited my father at Bon Secour Hospital. Lisa and her daughter Shay had visited him earlier. She said he had asked about Blessing. Blessing is my other niece Alexis’ daughter. Ironically, Blessing was born on my fathers birthday. After asking about Blessing, Lisa said my father started rambling on incoherently. Lisa left because she did not want to upset Shay with her great grandfather all of a sudden talking strangely.

When I visited later in the day he seemed a little more lucid than usual. It was about 30-40 minutes into the visit that he started to talk incoherently. We spoke for a bit. He asked what was being done. I told him that we had given his insurance paperwork to Darlene. He said he did not think that she would be able to help much. Then we talked a little bit more. Then he said he did not feel much like talking. He closed his eyes and slept a while. He woke up about 40 minutes later then started talking incoherently about who knows what.

He was in a quiet room without any machinery. Towards the end of the visit I was told that they had given orders for him to be moved back to Future Care Nursing Home. I felt devistated. I told the woman that notarized my power of attorney papers who is also a social worker that I did not care much for him going back to Future Care. She gave me the name of a facility that did hospice care that was closer to where I live. I told him before I left that they were going to move him back to the nursing home. I got the feeling that he did not care one way or the other. Me, I would have preferred that he stayed at Bon Secour.


link | posted by gail at 7:30 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com