IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, June 20, 2008

THE AFTERMATH
I took the day off because of my father’s death. I had to go to March’s Funeral Home to help arraign the funeral service. My niece Lisa drove me there. Uncle Leon met us there. He showed up in the middle of the meeting with the funeral director. He scared her as well as us. Because all of a sudden the door just became ajar and there he was. Since we did not have much money we got the package we could afford with the money we had. I payed for the service with a cutsey cartoon check but had to rip it up as I had signed it POA (Power of Attorney). I no longer have POA over my father’s business affairs. POA’s cease upon the death of the individual. So now I had to find a way to pay for the funeral that we had already drawn up plans for with the funeral director.

I spent the rest of the day in turmoil on how to get to the money to pay for his funeral. On the way over to the funeral home we visited Aunt Eunice. She is giving a cookout tomorrow.

Later that day we had a meeting over Lisa’s apartment. I felt angry at my sister for seemingly asking my Uncle Leon to pay to have her hair done. It was as though she now wanted Uncle Leon to take care of her like Daddy did. I went to Walmart to buy a printer cartridge for my niece’s printer.

I did not find my way back to Lisa’s apartment until 2:45 in the morning. I left out for Walmart at around 9pm. It was a simple task only I could not for the life of me remember how to get back to her apartment complex. All I knew was where to get off the bus at. The reason for the mix up is that her street is split in half between a North and South the north and south side of the street are not in a straight line. If you look at the south side it is a dead end that picks up on the other side of the street a block away.

I was very confused until I realized that I had to cross the street and then walk up a couple of blocks to get to her apartment building. I slept on her carpeted doorway until about 5pm. That’s when one of her neighbors came in from work. I did not want to appear to be a vagrant so I knocked on the door until she came to answer it. I did nock on the door earlier but she did not answer. She had called my cell several times last night but I could not answer it as I had run out of minutes. It was a sad situation. I could hear her calling but could not answer because I was out of minutes.


link | posted by gail at 8:32 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com