IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Today is tax day. Im feeling a bit down because it's raining today. Rain means I can not use my Xootr Roma kick scooter to get down to the lightrail station. I do not like to use MTA buses in the morning because they have a tendency to be unpredictable. Sometimes they arrive early, sometimes late. This is fine and dandy if you need to catch the bus to go to one place. But I am catching the bus to connect to a lightrail train that pretty much runs on schedule. Why the Xootr you ask?

It was in September when I saw a woman on a kick scooter getting around downtown. I said to myself that looks like a good idea! Then a couple of months later noticed a man with a beard on the Woodbury lightrail stop who had a Razor scooter with him. He was a regular at the stop. So I said to myself, WoW! I have seen two adults using kick scooters. Maybe it really **is** a good idea. So I decided to get myself an Xootr for my birthday. It was one of the big purchases I made with the money my father left me after he died. The other big purchase I made was a Fuji Crosstown 3.0 bicycle.

The only problem with the Xootr is that the brakes do not work that well on wet ground. The last time I ignored the product warning about the brakes in the rain I fell off the Xootr. I fell because the ground was wet and I had to make a sudden stop to avoid a car coming out of a downtown garage. I survived with a couple of bruises. After that incident I decided that I would follow the product warnings about the brakes.

Yesterday, I used the MTA and the bus arrived at a good enough time to get me to work. However, as per usual when I use a morning bus I had to run to catch the train. Hopefully, the bus will arrive at a good enough time today to get me to the train.

The only things three things that cheer me up at the moment is that last night I downloaded Corel Painter 11 and my favourite all time co-worker Arnold now owns a hoodie! The other cheerful thought is that tomorrow there will be no rain so I can bypass the MTA bus system with my trusty Xootr Roma kick scooter.

As far as taxes are concerned, I have not done mine yet. This year my tax situation is...complicated. So complicated that I will need an accountant. When my father died he left me everything. So this instantly pushed me into another tax bracket. So basically this means I probably will end up owing more money than I usually do. Thanks Dad!


link | posted by gail at 5:02 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com