IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, May 20, 2001

I know that I have’nt written in my diary for quite a while. The main reason that I have’nt written anything is that in addition to being a talented artist I also suffer from depression. When I’m going through my tough periods it ‘s difficult for me to do anything. It’s a constant struggle to get out of bed in the morning. Hence, I’ve been late for work and for everything else it seems. It’s been weeks since I’ve had Orange Chicken on Friday.

I’m not sure if you guys even care but I did sell two paintings last month, Lovely Leaping Mermaids painting and the Fairy on the Beach painting. I had a douzy of a time trying to contact the person who won the Fairy on the Beach painting on 4-20-01. It was not until last week that she finally got in touch with me. It seems that she ran into a patch of bad luck last month, purse stolen, Califonia blackouts etc.. I have nothing but empathy for those folks on the West Coast being gouged by PGE and there scheme to bilk the citizens of CA with there phony crisis. It’s a conspiracy...I know it is. I heard about on NPR. Also I don’t trust Supreme CourtAppointed President Bush to solve the so called energy crisis. I’m sure he and his big business cronies are just itching to cash in big time now that two of there own (Bush, and Chaney) are in charge. I guess they all can’t wait to start to drilling and ruining the environment in a crisis they created for monetary gain. Well, enough of my Bush is ruining the environment rant...

As far as my art is concerned I have gotten back on track. Right now I’m working on 9! Count em 9 New Paintings! I’m doing 2 knock offs of one of my all time favorite artists’ ,Patrick Nagel. I’m doing them for the May 25th ebsq art show on eBay. I’m not sure what I’ll call the paintings since Nagel tended towards not naming his artwork. Personally, I’m not sure if I’ll ever gather the guts enough to do a copy of a Maxfield Parrish, or a Norman Rockwell, or maybe even a copy of one of the Pre-Raphaelites....Only Time Will Tell. Also, I’m working on another mermaid painting as well as another Josephine Baker picture and a repaint on The Balconey Scene and Brand New Day. I hope that they sell. If not I guess I’ll just spiral through another bought of depression. I’ve got my canvas, paintbrush, and St. John’s Wort and I’m Rare n’ to Go!!!!!


link | posted by gail at 4:42 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com