IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, May 21, 2001

Tonight is just another rainy night in Baltimore. Sometimes it feels like it’s raining all over the world.

Here’s a brief re-cap of my weekend activities:

May 18, 2001 Friday, after work I went over my sister’s house ok, it’s really my niece’s house, to visit my Dad. He’s been over there since Easter. He can’t leave because he has arthritis so bad that he can’t even get out of bed. This time it’s in his shoulder and both his hands. I hate seeing him this way..So helpless, a prisoner of his own pain. I hope I don’t get arthritis when I get old. I hope there’s a cure for it when I’m a senior citizen. Anyway, when I go over there I usually sit with him and watch the evening news and run a few errands for him. His condition has gotten a little better, however, he still can’t drive.

May 19, 2001 Saturday, I went over my boyfriend’s house. Recently, Dave had an epiphany and declared Ben Stiller a comedic genius. He went out and got every Ben Stiller related movie that he could get his hands on. I really enjoyed Stiller in Keeping the Faith with Jenna Elfman and Ed Norton. I found this unusual romantic comedy involving a rabbi, a priest (almost sounds like the set up to a joke does’nt it?) and a female childood friend to be very endearing. I was surpised to learn that the movie was directed by Ed Norton. In case you’re wondering Dave has had quiet a few movie epiphanies which have resulted in mini-film festivals that I have had to endure. In the past Jackie Chan, Jet Lei, and Tom Hanks have been declared genius’ by Dave.

May 20, 2001 I spent Sunday cleaning my apartment and listening to Abba’s Gold Greatest Hits cd as well as The Donna Summer Anthology cd. I’m sure in a past life I was a gay man. Recently, I’ve noticed that I have been primarily listening to the music I enjoyed as a kid. I find it comforting. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. There are just a few new groups that I can tolerate listening to. Of today’s music I like Moby, Blink-182, and Everclear.

Today's dinner was broccoli, rice, and beef served in a seasoning of beef gravy with a dash of soy sauce. The beverage of choice for today was lemon iced tea.

In case your wondering.... NO, I have’nt painted a single thing this weekend and I don’t feel guilty about it. :)


link | posted by gail at 12:03 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com