IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Tuesday, March 23, 2004


At about 11:25 AM, five minutes before my usual lunch break I was called in for my yearly review. Since Brian my supervisor doesn?t have an office it was held in the empty office of some woman. The woman who normally occupies the office must have a major thing for dogs. There were pictures of dogs, dog magnets, cups, stuffed dogs,etc in her office. They were everywhere!! Also there were a few Beatles memorabilia. She had a Beatles rubik?s cube and a sign that read, ?Penny Lane?. I don?t know the woman?s name. All I know is that her voice carries. She?s a loud talker. Maybe she?s slightly deaf. I don?t know......

The review wasn?t as I had feared. I have to admit that I couldn't get to sleep the night before. Then again I rarely have a sound sleep the night before an annual review. This is mainly because nightmare scenario after scenario raced through my brain. Not once did Brian bellow, ?You?re Fired!?, ala Donald Trump, on NBC?s The Apprentice. Nor did he shout, ?You?re Worthless and Weak!? like on Twisted Sister?s 80?s video for Were Not Gonna Take It.

I did get a raise and a promise to be trained on how to do the work that Li Jie and Lisa does. I don?t know if this will really happen or if he?s just placating me. I guess I?ll just have to wait and see if it really will happen.

Also I found out the earth shattering news that Little Lisa called out sick a couple of weeks ago and this lead him to the realization that not many people were trained on how to do her or Li Jie?s work.

As I believe I said before Lisa looks a heck of a lot like Melisa Gilbert when she was on Little House on the Prairie.

Lisa once gave me a very curious Christmas card one year. It was of a Santa clad in purple and he held a crystal ball. It was like pagan Santa. It kind of made me wonder of all the Christmas cards she had why?d I?d get the one holding a crystal ball and wearing purple of all colors? I guess I got the purple wearing Santa because my stapler is purple, so?s my mouse pad and the desktop on my computer. It?s very obvious that purple is my favorite color. But the crystal ball? Nah? She couldn?t have Googled me. It was most likely a randomly picked card. It had to be.....

Well, if anyone from work is reading this all I have to say is the immortal words of Sally Fields ,?You like me! You really like me!?

In other work news, Arnold kept playing musical chairs. He took the chair next to me and moved it to his desk sat in it for a while then switched it back. He did this about three or four times this morning. Is the guy mildly retarded or does he just have Asperger?s Syndrome like I do? It?s hard to say. If he is mildly retarded then that would be depressing. He does the same work as everyone else. I have a college degree the woman that sits next to me has a masters degree.

If he were truly retarded it would make me wonder why haven't we all been fired and replaced by people from the Chimes Organization. You could probably get away with paying them less and they wouldn?t complain as much. They?d be happy just to work.

I suppose the fact that we have not all been replaced by people from the Chimes is proof that he might have Asperger?s Syndrome. Then again what do I know I?m not a doctor I only play one on the internet......


link | posted by gail at 9:51 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com