IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Sunday, March 14, 2004

This morning I saw the funniest comedy ever. It was the most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen this year.

As you all know I don’t have cable and also don’t watch television that often except for soap opera’s that I tape (Young and the Restless, As the World Turns, General Hospital, and 15 minutes of the Bold and the Beautiful)

Since The Office recently won a Golden Globe for Best Comedy Series and Lead Actor in a Comedy (Ricky Gervais) I thought I’d give it a look see. So I rented it from netflix. It was simply brilliant. I was laughing non-stop. The Office is done in the style of a documentary. Series creator, Ricky Gervais is a comedic genius. I loved his arrogant characterization of David Brent, the boss from hell, a legend in his own mind. I’m happy to say that I have never worked for a David Brent type person and hope I never will. He’s fun to watch but would never won’t to work for him.

My other favorite character on the show is Gareth Keenan played by Mackenzie Crook. Gareth is a nerdy brown noser with an unnatural obsession with the military and war. Mackenzie kind of looks like Puck from the Real World only with slightly longer hair. He was recently seen in Pirates of the Caribbean.

I also liked Tim Canterbury, the every man character on the show. Tim is the most normal person in the office. He’s played by Martin Freeman. Freeman will be playing Arthur Dent in the upcoming film, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.Dawn Tinsley played by Lucy Davis is also simply adorable.

Since Netflix doesn’t have series 2 of The Office, available yet. It seems I may have to order it from DVD seller in the UK. I can do this because I’m one of those geeks that owns a region free dvd player. Which means I can play DVD’s from anywhere on the globe.


Sadly, I hear that Ricky Gervais is making an American version of The Office. I hope that the show fairs better than the US version of Coupling did. Also Gervais was on Alias tonight! I also hear that he might be appearing in an upcoming episode of the Simpsons cartoon sometime in the near future.

Also tonight I ate tempeh for the first time. It tasted a lot like tater tots. In case you might now know tempeh is like tofu only it’s billed as having a more chewier texture.


link | posted by gail at 12:43 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com