IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, February 29, 2004

p>Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Today I heard the most asinine thing ever, Bush’s proposal to start a Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriages. This is so transparently homophobic and divisive that I’m speechless. Let’s see what am I as a voter most worried about in the world, job losses, health care costs, the economy, the war in Iraq, or gay marriages.

The economy continues to lag, and the president’s own spotty military history is back in the news, in sharp contrast to John Kerry’s record as a decorated Vietnam War hero and this is all Bush can come up with to fight back? This whole issue makes Republicans appear mean and backward-looking. They look like morality police peeking inside people’s bedroom’s. This blatantly divisive tactic to me is reason 1002 why the Shrub must be voted out of office. This whole thing reeks of desperation on the part of the Republican Party.

First off there shouldn’t be any of that half assed legal union stuff or whatever they call it. The term legal union reeks of 50’s era separate but equal terminology. Gays should have the right to be married with a marriage license issued from city hall or wherever you get marriage licenses from. They should have the right to be married and miserable like the majority of married people in America are.

To all those married folks and religious zealots out there who feel that gay marriages some how ruins the sanctity of marriage I say get a divorce or don’t get married if you feel that way. It’s obvious to me that you are the type of person who’s itching for any reason to end your marriage. It’s like saying that if blacks can do it then it ruins everything. You know if you feel that way then you’re a racist. No, I don’t want to hear how your best friend is black, or that you like rap music. You are a racist. If you feel that if gays get married then it ruins everything. If you feel that way then you are homophobic. No, I don’t want to hear how you like to watch Will and Grace or Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. You are homophobic.

In my opinion this all started on February 4, 2004 when the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled that gay couples must be given the right to marry. I applaud the Massachusetts court decision as well as San Francisco’s recent rush to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples. I say if you want to ruin your life straight or gay and get married go for it!


link | posted by gail at 5:23 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com