IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Friday, January, 30, 2004

Today since I have a three day weekend I thought I’d do the near impossible, enter all my comic books in a spreadsheet so that I can track their values. This will be the scariest task I have ever undertaken bar none. I’ve collected comic books since I was a kid. The two oldest comic books I have are Star Wars issue 5 and a Six Million Dollar Man from the 70’s. I have god knows how many comics stored away in boxes in the upper shelves of my closet. So this weekend I will attempt to gather and list them all then go back to all my Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide and find and list there values through the years.

The two most valuable books I have are issue 1 of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I got it because I liked the quirky title. The other comic I have that is valuable is issue 2 of the X-Files. The series I’ve always collected have been Batman, and the X-Men. I’m not a died in the wool fan of the X-Men but I do admit that when I was a kid I wanted to be Storm. That’s right, I wanted to dye my hair white and everything. The only shocking thing I have to confess about the X-Men is that I’ve never seen the X-Men movies and as an adult I buy them purely for financial reasons. I mean those babies literally make money overnight.

The only comic book I actually read from time to time is Batman because, well, he’s the Dark Knight, and he’s cool. Throughout the years I have accumulated a steady collection of the Punisher, and She-Hulk comics. I have the Punisher because when I first read it I was shocked. I mean this guy did not play. It was the most ultra-violent comic book I have ever read. I have a lot of She-Hulk’s because I liked her when she was a member of The Avengers.



I stopped collecting comic books on a regular basis when I met Michael. He had a better and more extensive collection of comics. Name an issue any issue odds are he has it. I kept thinking of ways to run off with his comic book collection or steal them slowly one by one. I don’t think I will ever get involved with another fellow comic book collector.

Through him I saw the dark side of comic book collecting and knew I did not want to go back there to a world of obsessive compulsive collecting. It was a relationship filled with mistrust and anxiety. I had books he wanted (autographed) and he had books I wanted. “You don’t want me you want my comic book collection don’t you! I’ve seen the way you were eying my Archie meets the Punisher comics! Back I say back!! That’s right I have a Spawn issue 1 autographed by Todd McFarland top that baby!”


link | posted by gail at 10:47 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com