IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, January 17, 2004

Sunday, December 07, 2003

The above picture is of the snow that fell on Friday. The view is from outside my bedroom window.



I took Friday off because I had an extra day since I worked the day after Thanksgiving. Besides, I hate snow...



Since being on Weight Watchers with a vegetarian slant I’ve lost 60 pounds. However, I gained 6 pounds since Thanksgiving. I need to get a new coat. The coat I wear now is three sizes too big for me but no one has said anything to me so I guess it doesn't look as big as I think it does.



I now have a region free DVD player which I bought so that I could view the 1996 Doctor Who movie. The movie is not available in North America so I had to buy it from a dealer in Europe. DVD’s that originate from other countries can not be played in the US unless you have a region free player. The movie wasn't as bad as they make it out to be on the Outpost Gallifrey Message board. Right now I have all the McGann Doctor Who Big Finish audios, save Zagreus. I hope to buy that one sometime this month.



New things I have from eBay is a Paul Pena cd. He was this musical genius who died before his time. He was featured in a documentary called Genghis Blues. The cd has great stuff including the original version of Jet Airliner which was covered by the Steve Miller Band.



I now bring a stack of cd’s to work from my collection. I keep them at my desk for a week then bring in another stack. A few I keep permanently at my desk. The permanent desk drawer collection are ones are; The Sex Pistols-Never Mind the Bullocks, Dean Martin’s Greatest Hits, The Best of Tony Bennett and No Way Out by Puffy. Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits, and 16 Most Requested Hits of Johnny Mathis. I think it’s safe to leave them there. Something tells me the cleaning staff are not into The Sex Pistols or Tony Bennett nor do I feel that my musical tastes are any of my co-workers cup of tea. I like to keep my stack eclectic so that I don’t get genre-itis. I can’t stand to listen to one type of music all day.



Currently, on my desk play list are: Frank Sinatra, the Capital Years, Billie Holiday’s Greatest Hits, The Phil Spector Christmas album, Patsy Cline’s Greatest Hits, The Happy Mondays, US Singles Collection, XTC’s Skylarking, and a cd of classical musical called, 101 Greatest Classics vol. 1. I have all 5 cd’s from the collection.

All in all I think I like listening to singers like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra the best. I don’t know it puts me in a happy swinging mode. Maybe deep down inside I long to be a 50’s gangster moll. Maybe it’s the romance of the Rat Pack and that particular era sans the race riots and blatant racism, segregation, etc....


link | posted by gail at 9:48 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com