IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, October 07, 2003


The above picture I painted. I admit it is a blatent rip off of the Patrick Nagel's painting style. I don't care I like it anyway. This was my first international sale to some dude in the UK. Yes, I did let him know before he bought the artwork that it was done in the style of Nagel.


I got the Doctor Who Big Finish audio of Storm Warning yesterday in the mail. I ordered it as an experiment because I had never ordered Who audio’s before especially on the internet. Since everything went smoothly I think I’ll give a shout out to the WHO NORTH AMERICA website.

I ended up listening to the cd the next day at work and......WOW!! It was like Kismet the story starts in October. I was thinking to myself while listening, “Hey! it’s October now!” Albeit, in the story its October 1930..... Anyway, Paul McGann did a kick ass job. I found his Doctor to be very fun and entertaining. I also really liked the Doctor’s new companion Charlie, played by India Fisher. I found her to be very spirited and adventurous. Charlie and the Doctor make a perfect pair. After my experience with this audio I think I’ll be buying all the 8th Doctor Big Finish audio's. I’ve got nine more to go.......



Also yesterday, I got my portfolio review time for the SCBWI’s annual October Mid-Atlantic Conference. I’m to meet with Tim Gillner between 12:45 to 1:00 PM. I guess I should be working on new artwork to include in my portfolio. However this is kind of difficult as my new favorite waste of time is visiting the Outpost Gallifrey’s message board instead of creating new stuff to go into my portfolio. I’d better get a hop on it the Conference is on October 25, 2003. That’s nearly two weeks away!!!



Also a couple of weeks ago I finally got the artwork that was exhibited at Artscape back. For a while I thought they’d lost it.


link | posted by gail at 11:44 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com