IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, July 18, 2003


I’m feelin’ mighty lonesome
haven’t slept a wink, I walk the floor and watch the door and
in between I drink black coffee.
(Girl:)Love’s a hand me down broom.
I’ll never know a Sunday, in this weekday room.
I’m talking to the shadows,
one o’clock to four. And Lord, how slow the moments go when
all I do is pour black coffee.
Black Coffee, Words and Music by Paul Francis Webster and Sonny Burke, @1948 (Renewed) Webster Music Co. and Sundot Music Corporation



Yes, I know I haven't written anything in quiet a while. The truth is I’ve been going through another bought of depression. However, I’m feeling better now. I bought a big bottle of St. Johns Wort yesterday from the GNC store at Security Mall.



One thing’s for sure I admit that I’m no size 4 super model. I’ve been told a million times how I have a pretty face... Anyway, the above picture of me...Yes, the entire me and not a head shot, was taken at David’s house during the Christmas of 2001. I’m proud to say that I’ve lost 50lbs so far this year and no one has noticed! The only ones to notice a change have been my elderly neighbor, my coworker Helena, and my niece Arlesia (the one who’s giving me her old car). Not that I decided to go on Weight Watchers, start a blog, and become the world’s most non intrusive vegetarian just so that I could draw attention to myself..... Really, I like that no one has noticed. It makes me feel as though I’m on a secret mission that no one knows about. Then one day suddenly BOOM! I’m a size 4 supermodel.



On the art front I’ve been on pins and needles awaiting the start of Artscape. I haven’t been able to sleep all this week. I think this was due to two factors, worry over the possibility of getting bad art reviews in the newspaper and consuming way too much Mountain Dew and Pepsi to counteract not getting enough sleep. It’s gotten me in a sleepless vicious cycle. So today I decided to break the cycle. I drank one 12oz caffeinated soda instead of consuming over 3-4 of them. I should say right now that I normally drink just one 12oz can of caffeinated soda a day. I don't normally main line them like heroin like I did this week. Hopefully tonight I'll have a peaceful sleep. Hey, I even walked 20 minutes today. So I should sleep like a baby.

I still can’t believe I was sick with worry this week when Artscape actually opens next week!!


link | posted by gail at 12:24 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com