IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, July 03, 2003



Yesterday on the Out To Lunch Radio Show with Bill and Thrill there question of the day was, “When you were a kid what was your favorite children’s book?” I found this to be a very odd subject matter when you look back at the average content of there show. Basically, it’s a shock jock talk show. It’s not harsh like Howard Stern’s show, it’s more in the gentle shock jock vein of the Don and Mike Show. Anyway, the normal subject matter of there show is rarely intellectual or involves books. Today’s topic was right up my alley. It was almost like that episode of Cheers where Cliff Claven goes on Jeopardy and all the answers are subjects he’s an expert on. Today was my Cliff Claven day. I’m a children’s book illustrator ok children’s magazine illustrator and I’m a member of the Society of Children’s Books Writer’s and Illustrator’s It seemed like today’s show was tailor made for me to call in. Finally, an episode that I can participate in! Unfortunately, I don’t have a phone at my cubicle. The only phone near by is on my supervisor’s desk. Suffice to say I could’nt call in and register a vote for Lincoln Collier’s, The Teddy Bear Habit or help Bill with the title of the children’s book he liked as a kid. Oh, well......



I did’nt do much art today. I did however look over the manuscript of this guy I met named Joe on writerbuddy.com. It was way better than I thought it would be. I hope that he develops it into a novel. It definetly kept me entertained.


link | posted by gail at 12:03 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com