IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 29, 2003

June 29, 2003

On a Sunday afternoon
In the merry month of June.
Take a trip up the Hudson or down the
bay, Take a trolley to Coney or
Rockaway. On a Sunday afternoon
You can see the lovers spoon,
They work hard on Monday, But one day that’s
fun day is Sunday afternoon.

On a Sunday Afternoon, Words by Andrew B. Sterling, Music by Harry Von Tilzer




I spent the better half of today trying to use my digital camera to photograph a painting I intend to put up for sale on eBay today. I’ve owned the camera for about 3 years. I bought it with the intent to use it only for photographing artwork that I could not put on my scanner. This painting is one of the largest that I have ever sold on eBay. The prior record holder was Dance Class. I remember the sheer horror I had in scanning that picture in 6 section. Then after scanning it I had to fit all back together like a jigsaw puzzle in Photoshop. After that painful fiasco I pledged that I would have to buy a digital camera to take care of my large works. I thought it would be easier quicker and simpler. Ha!! Anyway, I call the painting Glam Lady.



Also today, I decided to participate in the American Theatre Co-op 10 minute playwriting contest. The deadline is August 5, 2003. I really have to do this because as soon as I e-mailed for the application I got a reply back. You see I’ve got a Mac and my computer can not read PC documents. So in the e-mail I sent them I told them this and in the e-mail they sent back they acknowledged this and sent me a cut and paste document instead of the usual pc doc. thing my computer can’t read. They even sent me an additional e-mail asking if what they sent could be read by my computer. Who would have ever thought someone would be working in the California office of a theater on a Sunday afternoon?



The final writing prompt for June says; if someone were to write a book about your life, what events should they include?




Elementary School
Donna Summer
Kool & the Gang
Olivia Newton John
Abba
ELO
Death of Grandparents Bob and Maytime
Dealing with my brother’s nervous breakdown
Getting a Buddy L typewriter for Christmas
Getting a Barbie dream House for Christmas
Owning 67 Barbie dolls
Staying up late to watch Johnny Carson
Staying Up late to watch Saturday Night Live
My mother walking me to school everyday until 5th grade
Getting up early to watch Charles and Di get married
Father refusing to get me Star Wars action figures for Christmas
Pet-Sebastian the Afghan Hound
Pathological hatred for Scrappy Doo... I hate him!! He ruined my favorite cartoon, Scooby doo. Die, Scrappy Doo!! DIE!!


Middle School
Prince
Michael Jackson
Duran Duran
Billy Idol
Madonna
MTV
Dealing with my sister’s nervous breakdown
Being in the school band
Finally getting a keyboard for Christmas
Collecting Berke Breathed’s, Bloom County Comic Strips
Discovering the City Paper


High School
U2
REM
INXS
XTC
Bizarre obsession with Thomas Diffenbach
Staying up late to work on science fair project
Staying up late to watch Letterman
Getting up early to watch Live Aid
Wearing way too much eye makeup
Wanting to be a cartoonist just like Berke Breathed
Writing school cartoon, Goo Noo the cat
Listening to HFS

College
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Grunge
death of Kurt Cobain
Dealing with my brother and sister’s drug addiction
Being Listed in Who’s Who Among College Students
Being part of the drama troupe
Running for president of the Science Club
Writing thesis paper about Artificial Blood
Cousin Kweisi Mfume being elected to Congress
Caring for my mother through her illness
My mother’s big toe amputation

Post College
My mother’s death
death of Tupac
Moving out of the house
Cousin Kweisi Mfume Head of NAACP
Trip to New York
Trip to Disney World with niece and nephew
Meeting Michael Turner...uber geek boy
Buying iMac Computer
Discovering eBay
Being an audience member on the Rosie O’Donnell Show
Being an audience member on the Conan O’Brien Show
Long Term Relationship with David
Joining the Baltimore Film Society
Going to Baltimore Symphony Concerts

30something Years
The Bush Stolen Election
9-11
Going to U2 concert
Getting cartoon published in City Paper
Having my quote cited on ebsq website
PCOS diagnosis
Asperger’s Syndrome diagnosis
Meeting the writer Valerie Wilson Wesley
Going to the African American Heritage Arts Festival


link | posted by gail at 11:34 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com