IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 22, 2003

June 21, 2003

A horse is a horse, of course, and no one can talk to a
horse, of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister
Ed. Go right to the source and ask the horse, he’ll give you the answer that
you’ll endorse; He’s always on a steady course. Talk to Mister Ed!
People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time o’
day; But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to
say! A horse is a horse, of course. of course, and this one’ll talk till his
voice is hoarse. You never heard of a talking horse?
Well listen to this, I am Mister Ed

Mister Ed (Theme Song to the Mister Ed TV Show), Words and Music by Jay Livingston and Ray Evans, @1960 by ST. ANGELO MUSIC and JAY LIVINGSTON MUSIC, Copyright Renewed, All Rights of ST ANGELO MUSIC controlled and Administered by by MCA MUSIC PUBLISHING, a Division of MCA INC.



Today, I got one of my postcards back. It appears that I forgot to put a stamp on it. I just put a stamp on it and sticked it back in the post box. I hope that they will send it to the intended address and not send it back again to me. You see it was stamped saying postage due. Usually, when I get something like this back I would just put a new envelope and stamp on it. Since this is a postcard that I spent a lot of my own money making I would hate to waste it. So I just slapped a stamp on the postage due labeling. I hope that it makes it’s way to Richard C. Owen Publishers, Inc.



Also, I went to my driving class. I got a 100 on my quiz. So far so good! Ms. Dumas again let us out early. This is good because the class is supposed to end at 9:15. Personally, I do not want to be hanging around outside at night in that neighborhood which is just a hop and skip from Baltimore’s infamous Red Light district, better known as The Block.



The writing prompt for today I found hilarious, Here it goes, It’s officially the beginning of summer! Head outside today to find writing inspiration.



Right now it’s cold wet and rainy outside. When will this bloody weather end!




June 20, 200

Roll along
Wagon Train,
rolling over prairie where there ain’t no grass,
rolling over mountain where there ain’t no pass.
Sitting on a board, eyeing in the weather
praying to the Lord, we stay together, side by side
on the Wagon Train

Wagon Train (Theme Song: (Roll Along) Wagon Train), Words by Jack brooks, Music by Sammy Fain, @1958 Northern Music Company, Copyright renewed, Northern Music Company is an MCA Company



I have the day off today for the First Day of Summer which is actually tomorrow. Despite the change in season the weather is still cloudy and crappy...



Toady, I watched my soaps (The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful, As The World Turns, One Life To Live, and General Hospital) live and in person not taped and went to my driving class. This time we didn't have a quiz because we are doing part one of a two part lesson. Ms. Dumas, decided to let us out early because of that. We get a quiz tomorrow after she finishes up with part two of lesson two.



Also, today, I went through my 2003 Children’s Writer’s and Illustrators Market book and printed out markets to send my artwork to. My target for this mailing were companies that did multicultural picture books. Next time my target will be publishers who specialize in educational material. All in all I mailed out 33 postcards today! I hope I get a sale!



The writing prompt for today says to visit a thrift store pick out an unusual object and write a story about where the object has been.



June 19, 2003



Today I starting driving school at the Pro Drive Driving School on Baltimore Street. I was a half an hour late. I thought that the class started at 6:30. Ooops! I will now try to make in there before the 6:00 start time.



The instructor is a woman named, Ms. Dumas. She talks very loudly and seems very stern. I have a feeling that most of the students in her class are terrified of her. I on the other hand find her mildly amusing. I guess this is because it’s been years since I’ve been in a classroom situation. I can almost predict what she will be yelling ‘er complaining about next before she even says it. Besides, it’s for only three weeks.



The driving class is small. There are seven students in her class including me. Also sadly it appears that I am the oldest student in her class. The class is primarily composed of males who appear to be in there teens or early twenties. The other female in her class is a tiny teenage girl. I think that the only other person in her class who is closest to me in age is a man who appears from his accent to be African.



So far things are going well. After each lesson she will be giving us a quiz. I got a 95 on my first quiz.



The writing prompt for today says to make a list of your birthdays, starting with the first on you can remember. How was it celebrated, what gifts did you receive, who was there?



I come from a working class black family. They never gave me presents for my birthday. I rarely had birthday parties. I would just have an occasional card or cake that, is if someone remembered.



This wasn’t because of money or anything like that we weren't exactly poor, struggling, and on welfare. My parents owned there own house and the mortgage was paid up already. It was just a case of being born 11 days after Christmas.



Here’s My List:
Age 6... birthday party with cake, Tony the next door neighbor was invited.


Age 9.... saw the movie, The Wiz, at the New Theater. It starred Diana Ross , Michael Jackson(when he was still black), Richard Pryor, Nipsey Russell, Ted Ross, Mabel King, and Lena Horne. It was snowing outside. My brother and cousin Kip went there with me. When we got back they had a surprise birthday party for me. Again, Tony, the next door neighbor was there. The cake tasted just like bubble gum. :) I swear to God it really did! I have no idea how my mother did this. Unfortunately, she’s dead now and I can’t ask her how you to make bubble gum cake. I think my grandniece would really like it.

For that birthday my brother gave me these white rabbit skin gloves with a matching hat and scarf. This was good because the snow that was coming down that evening would soon result in a major snowstorm that would shut down school for a couple of days. I think we got 11 inches of snow.



After this memorable party it was pretty much hit and miss. I would just get birthday cards if someone remembered. It’s sad I know that my family and friends haven't thrown me a party since 1980, that’s how life is if you’re born close to Christmas. The people at my various jobs have thrown me parties, but it’s not the same as when family and friends are there.



June 18, 2003



We had overtime today at work. I decided to do it. It’s been a long, long, time since I’ve seen the sun... Right now I feel like my life has turned into a New Order song where there’s this line that goes.....”I never thought my life would depend on the morning sun.” I believe the name of that song is True Faith.


The writing prompt for today says to practice your writing dialogue. Take one of your short stories and rewrite it into only dialogue between characters.




June 17, 2003



I’m very depressed today. I just got finished listening to a book on tape called, Never Change by Elizabeth Berg. It really bummed me out. It was about this nurse who cares for this terminally ill patient whom she’s adored from afar since high school. He asks her to help end his life. She agrees and decides that she will also end her own life too. He told her during the story that he loved her and wanted to marry her. She felt that life wouldn't be worth living without the man who loved her. The ending was meant to be uplifting but I was still saddened by the suicide in the book. By the way the nurse decided at the last minute that she didn’t want to die. The book overall was depressing and oh, so sad....



Reading this book plus the rainy dreary weather outside helped to push me into the depths of depression. I will now make a solemn vow to NEVER pick up a sad book to read on a cloudy, sunless, rainy, dreary, day.

Oh, by the way I have a new blog devoted to book reviews of things I’ve read. I call my other blog GJ Willis' Book Notes.

The Writer’s Digest writing prompt for today says to write a story in a genre that you’ve never tried before. For example if you write horror, then try your hand at writing romance.


link | posted by gail at 2:24 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com