IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 15, 2003

June 15, 2003

No matter where they go they are known as the
couple. They’re never seen alone
so they’re known as the couple.
As I’ve dictated they are never
quite separated, they are peas in a pod. Don’t you think it’s
odd? Their habits, I confess,
none can guess with the couple. If
one says no it’s yes more or less, with the
couple. But they’re laugh provoking;
yet they really don’t know they’re joking. Don’t you find when love is
blind it’s odd!

The Odd Couple (Theme Song to The Odd Couple), Words by Sammy Cahan, Music by Neal Hefti, @1968 by Famous Music Corporation



This was another theme song I found the lyrics for. However, I can see why the words were never sung. They put a whole new subtext on, The Odd Couple. It makes them appear to be a gay couple. Which kind of makes me wonder if the original intention was for Felix and Oscar to be gay. Who knows maybe Neil Simon told the great lyricist Sammy Cahan his true intent for the show and he ran with it. The networks most likely were horrified and afraid that they’d loose sponsors. Thus, the instrumental version of the theme song was used. This is all pure speculation on my part. However, one thing is for sure, Felix, was definitely the most effeminate or queer acting of the two.



There appeared to be a problem with blogger earlier this morning I tried to upload pictures but no dice. I hope they fix the problem. I hope that I’m not single handedly maxing out the server with my need to show the pretty pictures I made. Well no one from Blogger has written me an angry letter saying, “Cut it out!”



I saw a car yesterday were the owner was asking for $500 for it. It was pretty old. The only thing wrong wrong it that I could see was that it needed a paint job. It was a BMW from the 80’s. I don’t know much about cars all I know is that I’ve always wanted to own a BMW since I was kid. I remember telling my brother that one of my goals in life was to own a BMW. If I got it I’d like to paint it purple or pink. I guess now I’ll have to wait to get my license and see what repairs are needed on Arlesia’s car. My dad said that he feel that it wouldn't cost more than $100-200 to have her car fixed. If the repairs on Arlesia’s old car is greater than $500 then I’ll just sell it and buy the geriatric BMW.



My nephew, Little David wants to get a computer. I told him I would be willing to contribute on getting him one. He said he’s not too particular on the type of computer all he wants to do is burn cd’s on it. He saw a Compaq in the newspaper on sale for around $400. I’m kind of leery about it. $400, sounds a wee to cheap to me. I don’t want to get him a computer and it breaks down five minutes later or the day after the warranty expires. Besides, I recall hearing a while back that Compaq makes lousy computers. Personally, I’d rather he get an eMac. I’m a bit biased on this because I love Macs. In fact I’m writing this blog on my ancient lime green iMac. To appear fair and unbiased I have a question for all you computer experts out their, “Can you give me the name of a good cheap computer that has a cd burner on it?”



The writing prompt for today says to write a children's story where all the characters are food items.


link | posted by gail at 11:42 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com