IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, June 13, 2003

June 12, 2003

Seventy seven Sunset Strip
seventy seven Sunset Strip, seventy seven
Sunset Strip
A street that wears a fancy label,
that’s glorified in song and fable
the most exciting people pass you by,
including a private eye. Seventy seven
Sunset Strip, seventy seven Sunset Strip,
seventy seven Sunset Strip.

77 Sunset Strip (Theme Song to 77 Sunset Strip) Words and Music by Mack David and Jerry Livingston, @ 1959 PolyGram International Publishing, Inc. and hallmark Music Co., Inc.



Today, was a banner day for me despite the rain. I paid for my driving classes at the downtown Pro Drive Driving School and I found out that someone bought my Sowebo Festival poster.



First off I’d like to thank my wonderful niece Arlesia, who gave me her old car. The reason for this is that she has recently bought herself a brand new car and does not want the old one anymore. I feel that the real reason she is doing this is as payback. You see when she was younger I took her on her first shopping trip to New York and I also took her and her brother David, to Disney World. Back then (the late 90’s) I could afford to play the role of the pseudo rich eccentric aunt. I also wanted to take her younger sister Alexis as well, but I can’t get into the long winded reason why she didn't go....That’s for another Blog.... So I’ll give you your own pick of reasons who Alexis didn't go:

A.) Do to Legal Reason She Couldn't Leave the State of Maryland
B.) She Didn’t Want to Go
C.) To Punish Her, Her Mother Refused To Give Permission



Thanks Arlesia! Thanks Arlesia! Thanks Arlesia! Thanks Arlesia!



The driving school I will be going to is called the Pro Drive Driving School. I have no idea what there reputation is. I chose them because they were close to where I live. One thing I got to say is the guy who was in charge of registration, Mr. Law, has got to be the slowest man on Earth. He’s like the Black version of the guy on Win Ben Stein’s Money. I kept fighting back the urge to yell, “Speed It up!!” This I felt would be a bad thing to say while registering for driving classes.


My classes start next Thursday evening and will run for three weeks. The majority of students registering for the evening classes I noticed were older. This would mean I would be taking classes with my peers.



I hope the instructor for my classes will be a much livelier person than the aforementioned Mr. Law. In just three weeks I may be driving a car, Not Just any Car, MY CAR! Wish me Luck!!



Also today I got an email from Scotty Stevens. Scotty wrote that someone bought my Sowebo Festival poster. Wow, I still can’t believe it! Since I’m not a well known area artist I felt that no one would be interested in it. Looks like someone was interested in it after all.



The writing prompt for today is to research an exotic remote destination and use this setting for your next story.


link | posted by gail at 12:31 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com