IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, June 07, 2003

June 6, 2003

Some trails are
happy ones, others are blue. It’s the
way you ride the trail that counts; here’s a
happy one for you. Happy trails to
you until we meet againsmiling until then. Who
cares about the clouds when we’re together? Just
sing a song and bring the sunny weather. Happy
trails to you till we mee again.

Happy Trails To You (Theme Song To The Roy Rogers Show), words and music by Dale Evans, @1951, 1952 (Renewed 1979, 1980) by Paramount-Roy Rogers Music Company, Inc.



Today, was my company’s annual cookout. I wore my newly bought company t-shirt to work to show my team spirit. We had to pay for our t-shirt out of our own money. This wasn't too bad as the shirts only cost $6. Basically, the cookout was just free food on our lunch break then we had to go back to work afterwards. The food was served by the high muckety mucks upstairs. I have no idea what their names are or what they do. All I know is that they make more money than I do and drive nicer cars.



Also today, I got on a brand new bus. I immediately hated the interior design of the bus. I hated the gray colored seats. Couldn’t they have come up with a brighter cheerier color like the previous blue interior. The ceiling to this bus was so high that I almost felt that it was meant for giants. I hated that there were steps **inside** the bus towards the back but non leading inside. But most of all I hated the old fashioned yellow line pulls. In the example photo I gave of the interior design of the bus you can see it if you look closely behind the guy in the wheelchair. You can see a bit of it by the window where his head is. Line pulls are simultaneously inconvenient and old fashioned.



I found it inconvenient if you’re standing up and you have to ring the bell to get off. This is convenient for those who are sitting down to ring for their next stop but shear hell for anyone who’s standing up. I feel that the previous design was a lot better for people standing up on crowded buses. The previous design had a section of stripping that was convenient for those who are standing up to ring for their next stop without having to ask someone sitting down to do it.



I suppose the reason why they pulled this bus out today was to justify the recent price hike in bus fares. This bus was not a justification it’s more an example of wasted money. Don’t they realize that the average MTA rider is female and not a 6’5 basketball player?



I later found out through my search on the web that the buses were made by a German company called Neoplan. Therefore,this bus was meant for tall Germans not a 5’3 American woman. I found out this information through my . It’s a website run by a guy who works for the MTA. I’ve often gone there when I could not find any detailed information on the official MTA website. Adam Paul is very helpful and seems to really, really, really love his job. I like this section on his website that I stumbled accidentally on. It’s a section on the people and personalities of the MTA. I found it both funny and enlightening. I think I actually got on the bus once with the preacher man he describes.



The writing prompt for today is to think back to a time when you were passionate about a political issue. Then write a story in which the main character is affected by this issue.


link | posted by gail at 12:59 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com