IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 01, 2003

April 19, 2003

Should Have Been, Could of Been
Would Have Been Dead
If I Didn’t Get the Message
Goin’ To My Head
I am What I Am
Most Motherfuckers
Don’t Give a Damn
Aw Baby Think You Can
Be My Girl, I’ll Be Your Man
Someone Full of Fun
Do Me Till I’m Well Done
Little Bo Peep
Cumin’ From My Stun Gun
Beware Take Care
Most Motherfuckers
Have a Cold Ass Stare
Aw Baby Please Be There
Suck My Kiss Cut Me My Share
Hit Me You Can’t Hurt Me
Kiss Me Please Pervert Me Stick With This
Is She Talking Dirty
Give To Me Sweet Sacred Bliss
Your Mouth Was Made To Suck My Kiss

Suck My Kiss, Words and Music by Anthony Kiedis, Flea, John Frusciante, and Chad Smith, Copyright 1991 Moebetoblame Music BMI

Today I saw the matinee performance of Mary Stuart at Center Stage. I enjoyed it better than I thought I would. The very beginning of the show was tension filled with shouting matches reminiscent of the Holocaust drama, The Investigation. I must say that Irene Lewis did a fantastic job of directing a serious play. I loved to hate the treacherous Lord Leicester. At the beginning of the play I felt empathy towards Queen Elizabeth for the difficult decision she had to make. Then at the end I hated her for being a bitch and placing blame on everyone else but herself.

Laurence O’Dwyer put in an ok performance. He wasn’t his usual scene stealer self, then again, this wasn’t a comedy. Of the two queens Elizabeth had the better costumes. Mary Stuart was clothed all in black. I couldn't understand the attraction that men had towards her she just seemed drab. Also at the end when she was going to her execution she was dressed in a white dress which in my opinion was more suited for a 1940’s uso dance hall girl. What was the costume designer thinking?

Of the 3 plays I’ve seen so far this ranks as my 2nd favorite this year. My top favorite Center Stage play for the 2003-2003 season is Ain’t Mis Behavin’. I’ve noticed that I skipped the two new plays this year, No Foreigners Beyond this Point and Intimate Apparel. I definitely will be seeing the Rainmaker.

I want to see this one, sadly, from a cultural standpoint because of the TV show Happy Days. I still vaguely can recall the episode where they did a rendition of the play. In the episode Fonzi played the guy in the barn eg. the male lead and I think Mrs. Cunningham played the woman who found him eg. the female lead. My memories are fuzzy on the specifics of the play. I do know for sure that they did it on Happy Days.

In other Center Stage news, I think I may have to switch my subscription next year to Saturday matinees. In previous years I’ve held Tuesday or Wednesday night subscriptions but they never seem to work out right because I end up rescheduling for other nights because of work/sleep issues. So I guess I’ll be biting the bullet and paying the extra fees for the convenience that a Saturday matinee brings.


link | posted by gail at 3:46 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com