IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, April 01, 2003

March 24, 2003

I’ll get by as long as I
have you. Tho’
there be rain and darkness too,
I’ll not complain, I’llmay come to me, that’s
true, But what care I say,
I’ll get by as long as I have
you

I’ll Get By (As Long As I Have You), Words by Roy Turk, Music by Fred E. Ahlert, @1928 (Renewed 1956) Fred Ahlert Music Corp., Tro-Cromwell Music, Inc., and Pencil Mark Music

I was shocked to learn over the weekend that my youngest niece, Alexis who just turned 21 had major surgery done and didn't bother to tell anyone. From what I learned from my father, she has breast cancer. In a sense I can understand why she didn't tell anyone until she came home from the hospital. The reason is our family is like a cancer lightening rod. She just didn't want us all to worry about her.

Both sets of my grandmothers died from cancer as did all my aunts on my father’s side of the family. It looked like my sister was about to be diagnosed with it last year but she chickened out and decided not to go back to get a definitive answer. I hate her for doing that! She could be slowly dying right now in front of us for something that can be treated. It’s like she’s committing a slow self suicide. I still can’t believe it. My niece had/has cancer and her mother is afraid to get a definitive answer about her own cancer. Life is bizarre and unfair.


link | posted by gail at 11:53 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com