IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, March 22, 2003

February 2003

Beneath this snowy mantle cold and
clean, the unborn grass lies
waiting for it’s coat to turn green.
The snowbird sings the song he always
sings and speaks to me of
flowers that will bloom again in spring.

Snowbird, Words and Music by Gene MacLellan, @1970 Beechwood Music of Canada



This month has been mainly cold and snowy. We had a record snowfall this month. We got up to 26 inches of snow. I called up my work’s inclement weather line which is a joke because my company never closes but to my surprise when I called them Sunday night I got the voice of a man replacing the perky female voice who usually says,”The company is open for business and that all employees should report to work at there usual time!” This time I got a husky male voice saying, “The company is closed for business.” Wow! A day off an honest to goodness snow day!

I recall that Sunday evening sitting by the TV watching Matthew Broderick in The Music Man and being shocked at how he looked. I suspect that somewhere Broderick must have a painting in the attic that ages so that he never will. As far as ABC’s rendition of The Music Man goes I was not enamored with the production. I just watched it as I worked on a crocheted rainbow afghan.

Also that afternoon I watched the Lawrence Welk Show. I don’t know why but I have always loved watching Lawrence Welk even as a kid. That show has a hold on me I just can’t explain. David thinks that there’s something wrong with me for loving that show. David was forced to watch the show as a child so he views it as torture. Me, I loved watching it with my mom. We were the only two in our household that loved watching the show every week.


link | posted by gail at 11:51 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com