IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, March 22, 2003

June 11, 2002

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord, He is
trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored, He hath
loos’d the fateful lightning of His terrible, swift sword, His
truth is marching on. Glory, Glory, Hallelujah!
Glory, Glory, Hallelujah! Glory, Glory, Hallelujah!
His truth is marching on!

Battle Hymn of the Republic, Words by Julia Ward Home, Music by William Steffe, @1986 WB MUsic Corp.

I took yesterday off of work and did my blood work and sonogram all in one day. I left out early in the day to have my blood drawn. The bloodwork would mainly zero in on hormones like LDH, FSH, Testosterone, DHEA, and Free T4. These are all tests that I used to know. Ok, let’s be frank,I never really knew them that well. My school did a slip shod job in teaching them. The man who taught the endocrinology section was from Africa and I could barely comprehend what he was saying because of his thick accent. He also had this attitude of, “You’re all in medical school, you’d better know this!!” As if we were all born knowing endocrinology! Also the handouts he often times gave us had typo’s in them. This guy was THE HEAD of the Clinical Chemistry Department!! I’m not sure if he’s still in charge there or not. If so I feel sorry for the students who have to sit through his endocrinology lectures.

Back to the blood tests...all I can say is that they were for hormones. I suppose I’ll have to plow through my textbooks to get a better idea. I graduated from school many moons ago and I still held onto my textbooks. I’m glad I did’nt trade them in for cash, there good for times just like these. Also before I forget I was tested for fasting glucose. As I recall vaguely from school, this test is for hemoglobin A1C. Don’t ask me the exact mechanisms. Anyway, the level of hemoglobin A1C becomes abnormaly elevated with the onset of Diabetes. There is a possibility that I might be diabetic. Diabetes can be genetic. My mother, sister, and an aunt have it.

As far as the sonogram went the radiology tech said she saw fibroids which is a relief because their benign. I was afraid that I might I have endometrial cancer.

I see the endocrinologist next Tuesday. My favorite radio show to listen to is the Don and Mike show. Whenever an interesting caller calls they sometimes asks them for the celebrity they most resemble so that you can get an idea of what the caller looks like. The celebrity my endocrinologist most resembles is the guy who used to play Dr. Larry Wolek on the soap opera, One Life To Live, during the 70's and 80's. If that's too esoteric for you, he looks like tv game show host Wink Martindale. I know that this has nothing to do with what I'm trying to relate. I'm just including it so that you can get a picture of the people who I appear in my blog. All be it a prettier picture.

I believe that my end diagnosis will end up being PCOS since no tumors where seen on the sonogram. I already have a prescription for Provera. I’m not sure about diabetes. I’ll have to wait to get the test results back.


link | posted by gail at 8:03 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com