IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, March 22, 2003

November 2002



COME FLY WITH ME! let’s fly! Let’s fly away!

If you can use some exotic booze there’s a

bar in far Bombay, COME FLY WITH ME! Let’s fly!

Let’s fly away!

Come Fly With Me, Words by Sammy Cahn, Music by James Van Heusen @ 1958 Maraville Music Corp




I do not know how I’m going to handle Thanksgiving this year. This year I plan on spending the day with my family over my niece’s newly bought house.



I spent the morning watching an ice skating show and eating an unusual breakfast of tofu and spaghetti with soy sauce. This was the first time that I ate tofu on it’s own. The flavor of tofu on its own reminded me of eggs. In a way I was eating yat gaw mein without meat. It tasted better than I thought it would. This was a good finding because I sort if threw it together because the tofu was closing in on it’s expiration date. Anyway, I would usually prepare my tofu by cutting it into strips and coating it with wheat germ and Season All ala Shake and Bake. The resultant flavor would be chicken like. this time since i did’nt do any fancy stuff the taste was egg like.


I never got around to telling my family that I was a vegetarian. I didn’t want to cause a scene so I end up eating turkey and even taking some it home. I only did this because my niece seemed very harried and was worried about what she would do with all of the left over turkey. It’s odd I don’t feel guilty or anything for eating the turkey. Since I’m not a vegetarian for a love of animals but instead a fear of dying of a heart attack or cancer. I’ve created my own catch 22 clause; I will only eat meat if it is offered to me and I will not buy or purchase meat from the supermarket. Yea, I admit I’m a wimp about not telling other people that I do not eat meat on a regular basis. I hate confrontations. So I guess I’m not a true blue animal rights vegetarian type. Some would argue I’m not a vegetarian at all since I’ve created a meat clause for myself. However, I am still a card carrying member of the Sierra Club.


link | posted by gail at 9:03 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com