IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, April 02, 2003

You only see what your eyes want to see
How can life be what you want it to be
You’re frozen
When your heart’s not open
Mmm if I could melt your heart
Mmm we’d never be apart
Mmm give yourself to me
Mmm you hold the key

Frozen, Words and Music by Madonna and Patrick Leonard, @1998 WB Music Corp./Webo Girl Publishing Inc.

Today, I should have just took a day off from work. I got home late from last night’s gallery show. As a result of this I went to bed late, I woke up late. Ironically, enough I got to work on time, yet exhausted and discombobulated. I spent my entire work day feeling confused and sleepy. I was also irked that my stamper would not work properly. It was working just fine and dandy yesterday. Then it purposely chose a day when it’s owner was weary to start acting up. Hey, before anyone calls the sanity police I know that inanimate objects are not plotting against me it just feels that way....You just can’t trust those stampers or computers.



When I was heading home on the light rail I was happy to see that the giant Mary Sue Easter Egg pink balloon Bunny was up again. Seeing that bunny really cheered me up. He’s up, every year just around Easter time. He’s been down since Monday. I think maybe it has something to do with the snow or maybe some kids busted a hole in him and he had to be repaired. Anyway, the bunny is up and smiling again and so am I. I hope no one busts another cap in him.

On the art front I’m beginning work on the poster that I will contribute to the annual Sowebo festival. I’m going to attempt to recreate one of my favorite paintings that I no longer own. The painting was never sold it just became lost due to a series of unusual circumstances. Luckily, I made slides of it years ago.

I hope that I will be able to complete it by the 20th of April. If I complete it by then it will be on the Sowebo web site as well as exhibited at some gallery in Federal Hill or at the Charles Theater.

I’m not going to lie I would be really psyched if it were exhibited at the Charles because I like to go there as well as a number of my friends and associates. I think I had an art class with one of the girls I’ve seen working there as well. My ultimate goal would be to have it exhibited at the Charles.

Not to slag the gallery in Federal Hill. It would also be neat to have my work shown there as well. If my work was exhibited at the gallery then that would mean my work was shown simultaneously at two separate real art galleries in one month!!


link | posted by gail at 11:16 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com