IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 01, 2003

April 9, 2003

Hello world hear the song that we’re singing’
come on get happy. A
Whole lot of lovin’ is what we’ll be bringin’, we’ll make you
happy. We had a dream we’d go
travelin’ together we’d spread a little lovin’ the we’d keep movin’ on.
Somethin’ always happens when ever we’re together, we get a happy feelin’ when we’re
singin’ a song. Travelin’ along there’s a song that were singin’
come on get happy. A
whole lot of lovin’ is what we’ll be bringin’, we’ll make you happy,
we’ll make you happy,
we’ll make you happy.

The Partridge Family (Theme Song: Come on Get Happy) Words and Music by Wes Farrell and Danny Janssen @1972 Screen Gems-EMI Music Inc.

Yesterday started off interesting. I got up on time, dressed on time, and was about to leave out the door on time. Then as I reached for my house keys that I keep on a holder by the door I couldn't find my keys. My keys were missing from there hallowed spot. If I didn't find them I would be a prisoner in my apartment. I frantically searched my apartment to find them. I searched everywhere for them and came up goose eggs. Then I decided in desperation to physically retrace my steps. I mimed every move that I made when I came in from work that evening. I finally found my keys,....in the refrigerator!

It turns out that I must have left them there as I was putting away the packages that I accumulated from buying stuff from a coworker’s kid’s annual school fund drive. I bought a tub of molasses cookie dough. Why molasses you ask. You see, when I was small, my grandmother used to bake batches of molasses cookies and it’s been ages since I had one. In addition to that I also bought a tub of sugar cookie dough and a low fat cheese and wheat bread pizza kit. The kit came in a humungous box that was difficult for me to carry through my travails on the light rail and bus. When I saw the pizza kit in the catalog I thought it would be for one pizza it turns out the kit makes three pizza’s!! How am I going to get rid of all this stuff? What the hell was I thinking!

Anyway, I ended up being 45 minutes late for work and had to skip my lunch break. I did this because my lunch break is 45 minutes long and I wanted to put in a full 8 hours of work.

While at work I got to hear about Saddam Hussein’s statue going down in Baghdad. I have to say that I felt proud that we helped to free the Iraqi people from the tyranny of Hussein’s reign of terror.

Another good thing that happened today was that my Bodeans cd entitled, The Best of The Bodeans Slash and Burn arrived in the mail. I got this cd I feel because of subliminal brainwashing.

You see I’ve been listening to a lot of WTMD lately since they’ve changed there format from some new age shit to adult alternative album rock. For those readers who are from the Baltimore area translated this means that their play list is in a similar vein to what WHFS played during the 80’s before they became corporate and basically a 98 Rock clone. If you’re not from Baltimore then I guess you could say they’re a college radio station.

I love listening to a radio station that has an eclectic play list. There play list consists of artists like Joseph Arthur, Darr Williams, Ryan Adams, etc. They play stuff from the past and the present. From time to time they even do light motif song sets. I love this radio station!! This station makes me feel like I did when I was a kid listening to HFS. I feel hopeful and happy like my future’s so bright I got to wear shades.

Anyway they play a lot of Bodeans and as I listened to it I remembered that I like them and miss hearing them on the radio. So I finally broke down and bought a Bodeans best of cd. The Bodeans cd I have is called Best of The Bodeans-Slash and Burn. I’m waiting for my Wilco Yankee Hotel Foxtrot cd and Coldplay’s a Rush of Blood to the Head cd’s to arrive any day now. I’m alive!! I’m alive!! I never thought a radio station would make me feel so happy again.

I’m also happy because Wil Wheaton has posted something finally in his blog. Wil hasn't posted since he went to a Star Trek convention back on March 30th of this year. I was starting to worry that something nefarious had happened to him. I was this close to calling the LAPD and filling a missing person’s report on him. Anyway, “Welcome back Wil!” Yeah, like a celebrity actually reads my occasionally updated blog....


link | posted by gail at 3:11 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com