IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

June 9, 2003

Heroes, heroes, husky men of war,
sons of all the heroes of the war before. We’re all heroes
up to our earo’s, you ask the questions, we make the suggestions,
that’s what we’re heroes for.

Hogans Heroes March (Theme Song To Hogan’s Heroes), words and music by Jerry Fielding, @1966 ASCO Music



Ha! I bet y’all didn't know that there were actual lyrics to Hogan’s Heroes. I found it one of my many music books. I did mention that in addition to being an artist/writer I’m also a closet keyboard player. Meaning I can play the keyboard/piano but I’m too frightened to play in front of a real live people other than friends and family.



Today, I am suffering through the aftermaths of a cold. I’m sure I got infected on Friday or Saturday. Friday seems suspicious because I wore damp clothes to work that I had to iron dry. I was sneezing a lot all of that. Also Saturday seems likely because it was raining that day and when I got home later that night I found that my socks were still wet. Also my throat was getting sore.



I took the day off from work today. I barely got any sleep last night because of my stuffy nose. Whenever that happens I become afraid that I might die in my sleep and end up not falling to sleep at akk. Besides, I didn't want to go into work half sleepy and make a million errors and have everyone mad at me. As of 12 pm today I have my decongestant and throat spray and now I’m ready for action! All that’s wrong with me now is a runny nose and sneezing. If I’m still stuffy tonight I suppose I’ll be too drugged to notice.



Also I got an email today about a call for artist for the local Pigtown Festival. I think I may do it. However, I won’t do it unless I can con.....‘er, talk my nieces in joining me in working the booth. They both have had experiences mining a cash register. I have none. That’s my primary hesitance in doing art festivals on a regular basis. I’m afraid I might mess up someone's money who hands me cash. I was never that good at math. If there was a guarantee that all transactions must be charge. Then I’m there baby. I suppose if I do the festival I would have to invest in a credit card machine. I know that not all customers are willing to charge their purchases some people still actually carry money.



The writing prompt for today is to send in my entry for the Your Assignment portion of the magazine. This is a monthly contest that the magazine holds. Top prize is $100 worth of Writer’s Digests books.
Also they have another monthly contest called, Your Opening Line. The top prize for that contest is a a copy of the 2003 Novel and Sort Story Writer’s Market. Just for kicks I think I’ll do both assignments and turn them in.

Your Assignment Entry:

Writers: We make things literal!


Opening Line Entry:

Even though my journey began 365 days ago, I still cannot believe that I am literally shrunk down to the size of Natasha’s hamster!


link | posted by gail at 12:03 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com