IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, June 08, 2003

June 8, 2003

What else should I be
All apologies
What else should I say
Everyone is gay
What else could I write
I don’t have the right
What else should I be
All apologies

All Apologies, words and music by Kurt Cobain @1993 Virgin Songs/The End of Music BMI



I was shocked today when just for the heck of it I did a Goggle search on my name. I thought I’d try it because I learned recently that if you add quotation marks to the search it makes it more precise. So I searched, “Gail Willis” Baltimore. In addition to my Amazon book reviews I could not believe what I came up with. I’m listed among the artist exhibiting at Artscape. I have yet to turn in my page for the exhibit. It’s due June 15, 2003. I’d better get hopping. I wouldn't want to let down my public down. :)



I feel bad for missing out on the Sowebo auction that I thought was held at the Carriage House last night. It turns out the auction was held today. Anyway, I just couldn't bare it. I was afraid that if I went there no one would bid on my poster and if I did go there what if no one bid on my work at all? I decided that I’d have one rainy miserable night on my own without worrying about if my poster sold or not.



I spent the remainder of the day browsing at the inner harbor Barnes and Noble book store. I went there after the play to pick up my new favorite art magazine, International Artist. While there I toyed with the idea of buying a book I’ve always wanted, the The Complete Italian Vegetarian cookbook. However, the damned thing is huge! It has no indication of fat, calorie, or fiber content. By the way I’m still following Weight Watchers and I need to know that information. To top off all the negatives the book costs $35. I still want the book so badly I can taste it. Oh well, maybe next time.



Today’s writing prompt says to write a story where you appear as the bad guy.


“Mr. Jacobs’ what’s the matter?”, said the little boy.
“She’s coming to town. I can feel it.”
“Who’s coming?”
“That Willis woman that run’s those Bad Men back up in Miller’s Creek.”
“Oh, no! I heard my Ma and Pa talking something awful about her. I’m scared Mr. Jacobs!”
“Go home to your Ma and Pa, son. I’m sure Sheriff Milo will gather up a posse to run her and the Bad Men out of town.”


The little boy ran as fast as he could out of the General Store. He ran so fast that he forgot to pay for the candy that was in his hand. Mr. Jacobs, the owner of the general store took a drag on his pipe looked out the window and said, “Yep, she’s coming.”

Just then Sheriff Milo came into the store. “Jacobs, you hear all that wild commotion up there on the hill. I think that Willis woman and her Bad Men are fixing to come here and terrorize our town again. We gotta do something!” “I agree Sheriff. I’m more than willing to join a posse to run her and her gang out of this town.”
”Jacobs, are you sure you’re up to it?”
”You don’t think I’m up to it do you? Just because I’m a little gray on top doesn't mean I can’t still be useful. My sight ain’t so bad that I can’t see to shoot a gun.””Sheriff, what are going to do?”, said Mr. Jacobs, “Everyone is afraid of that woman and her gang.”
”I guess the only thing for us to do Jacobs is to go and set up in another town.”
”Sheriff, you can’t be serious! We can’t let that woman and her Bad men run us away! we’re stronger than that! Why we can’t just up and run when things go bad. What kind of lesson would that be teaching our young'uns?”
”It’ll be teaching them how to stay alive!” Sheriff Milo ran off towards the jail packed his things got on his horse and galloped away.”Cowards, they’re all cowards!”, muttered Mr. Jacobs as he looked around at all the town folks scurrying away gathering up their goods for a hasty retreat. “Don’t they know they’re all damned cowards! Stand up! Damn you and fight! Fight!!” No one was listening to Mr. Jacobs in the sea of the commotion to leave the Oxen Hill settlement.


Just then a shot rang out. The sound of the heavy thunder of horse’s could be heard drawing closer. “Oh! No! They were closer than we thought!”, someone shouted out. Just then a throaty female laugh pierced the sky. “People of Oxen Hill. We’re the new law in town!” Then the other twelve bad men joined in the evil throaty laughter. They began to shoot their guns at the townsfolk in what seemed a random sport. The settlement of Oxen Hill was now at the beck and call of that Willis woman and her gang of Bad Men forever more.


link | posted by gail at 8:18 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com