IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

June 10, 2003

Dobie wants a little cutie, Dobie
wants a little beauty, Dobie wants a gal to call his own
Any size, any style, any eyes, any smile, Any
Jean, any Jane, any Joan. Oh,
Dobie wants a girl who’s dreamy, Dobie
wants a girl who’s creamy, Dobie wants a girl to call his own.
Is she blond, is she tall, is she
dark, is she small, is she any kind of dreamboat at all? No
matter, he’s hers and hers alone.

Dobie (Theme Song to The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis), Lyrics by Max Schulman, Music by Lionel Newman, @1959 (Renewed) by Weiss & Barry, Inc.



Finally, against all odds know to man. I turned in a sketch from my sketchbook to Artscape. Above is the sketch I submitted. I did it in the fall of 2002 after I won a set of Holbien oil pastels on eBay. I chose this one because it’s one of my favorite sketches. It was done with oil pastel. I love doing sketches with oil pastel because in my opinion it gives you an idea of how the colors will look in the final painting. It gives you the opportunity to play with the colors and get an idea of the problems you might encounter before you tackle the actual painting.

I do not know if my sketch will be among the final selected for display at Artscape. However, you can bet your bottom dollar that I’ll be hoping and praying real hard that it will. If it’s not selected then I can assume that they were looking for more avant garde experimental sketches or things sketched with traditional media.



Anyway, also so that you will know I also sent in the two entries that I wrote for Writer’s Digests monthly contests.



The writing prompt for today says to take a scene from an earlier short story and expand it. Describe the colors, sounds, scents, and feelings.


link | posted by gail at 10:57 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com